wing commander 4 jump drive?

yeah how true is that kilrathi are easy enough to kill but at least u got a little challange, with the nephelim they die so quick, man i got like 800 kills on the board my first time playing the game.

well thats true except for the devil aces there fucken strong as and can take 3 normal imm recs to destroy.

and they fucken hurt if u stay in 1 spot to long

Both the bugs and the Kilrathi use diffrent tactics. The bugs seem to consintrate more on overwelming there pray with numbers and win at all costs. The Kilrathi are more into the honor of the single worrier.

ill tell u what though, i could get more kills in prophercy alone then i could in th3e intire kirathi war if i tried i rekon, stick it on nightmare and blast teh buggies

Lord_Nathrakh said:
ill tell u what though, i could get more kills in prophercy alone then i could in th3e intire kirathi war if i tried i rekon, stick it on nightmare and blast teh buggies

Probley because the fact that they are a hive species. So they dont really care about the individual but the hole.

hey thats somehting me and them have in common, i only care about the hole 2, not the individual with the hole........ BWAHHAHAHA im so funny........

doesnt really matter the buggies should have been harder to kill they were in teh kilrathi Knathrak prophocised to be the destoryers of everything.......yet 1 carrier destroyed a huge chunk of them

But the prophacy was written when the kilrathi where basic and unadvanced. We dont know how long the bugs have been with advanced tech. If they had it somewhat then it would seem as terrifying as it did in the prophacy.

yeah but they landed on kilrah from ships, befor man even got space travel befor man even got flight of any kind shit befor we even had bullets or guns.

yet 2000 yrs into man kinds future they seem only just as advanced as they did then adn can be defeated by a carrier, its pretty unrealistic

Lord_Nathrakh said:
yet 2000 yrs into man kinds future they seem only just as advanced as they did then adn can be defeated by a carrier, its pretty unrealistic

Perhapes they couldnt go forward into advancement for some reason. But I dont remember any exact detail on how advance the bugs where when they came to the kilrathi for the first time.

We've had this discussion before in the past :)

but then they did mention that they came down in great ships to reign firey death

so id assume a race with space tech befor we even had guns should be invincible.

i rekon its just a ego thing.....we beat the kilrathi we cant be beaten thing

He might not understand the meaning of an ejection seat. Or he could do the Char Aznable thing and go with out his seat armed.

As the ICIS Manual pointed out before we ever sat down to play Prophecy, the Nephilim technology is roughly equivalent to that used by the Confederation... the scary thing about them is their tactics -- they just keep coming until they win.

but bandit dont u think thats gay, a race that had space flight millenia befor we did, and there roughly equivilent, i dont care if they breed like ants, thats all the more reason they should have better tech.

but why make a game u cant complete? its bs though the nephelium should be 1000 yrs more advanced at least

I don't know -- how far have ants come in 4,000 years :)?

I think it raises more questions than gayness. We don't really understand even the basic nature of the Nephilim ships -- or their intentions.

Consider: the attack on the Kilrathi, if the prophecy is to be believed, is largely 'ceremonial'. An unidentified species is using the Nephilim to 'test' the progress of the Kilrathi as warriors... if this unknown species equips the Nephilim with ships that have advanced at an equal level, then they're not really testing anything -- the fight is a foregone conclusion.

Second, the idea that the Nephilim ships are 'organic'. This doesn't necessarily mean that they're "grown"... but it could -- and wouldn't that be interesting? And how would that slow down or speed up technological innovation?

Third, there's always a point somewhere down the line where many factors come together to stop the development of a given technology. It may simply not be feasible to develop more advanced ships than Confed and the Kilrathi already have -- at least not in that timeframe.

so its not feasable that a race with space travle befor were even had gun power, is less advanced then us?

dude thats a crock, its all about the supperiority of man nothing more

I'm just saying that there's any number of reasons why the Nephilim aren't more advanced. Clearly they're not interested in fighting for any of the normal 'human' reasons -- since if they'd wanted to conquer the Kilrathi they could have done so easily four thousand years ago.

But yeah, technologies to plateau through no fault of their own. They start out increasing in leaps and bounds and then make only incremental improvements... take developing flight: in fifty years we went from little paper airplanes to jet engines, and everything since then has been comparitively minor. And though it's possible to build a faster airplane, it's not economically feasable -- so you won't see any huge advances in the next fifty years, either.

so the fact that stealth bombers where only made 10 yrs ago is no big acheivment?

the ability, to evade radar is nothing? moreso bombs and weapons have become 30 times more powerfull and econimicly sound are able to be self guided and can travle great distances, 50 yrs ago could u say that could happen?

tell me do u think with todays tech that 50 yrs ago if american went back in time would be defeated if they topok todays weapons with them.......

also 50 yrs is a big differnce from 4000.

why would u not want to continue advancing its a crock there are infinate possiblitys to learn, in 4000 yrs we will be so advanced that we would own entire galaxies, if our tech continues at its current rate, only problem is we need to not blow our selves up to reach that level

Lots of people cared little about technological advancement. The Romans, for example, scoffed at scientific applications of technology. Africa, too, generally was more concerned with trade and preserving the Status Quo then the wild leaps Europeans made. Japan virtually suspended all outside technological influences for two hundred fifty years.

The stealth bomber is not a huge leap from the Gotha 229 or the B-49 from half a century ago. Going from nothing to jets in fifty years was a huge leap -- going from jets to slightly better jets in the ensuing fifty years wasn't. That's how technological development works.

Space flight technology increased in leaps and bounds in the two decades after World War II -- but it's not significantly different today than it was int he seventies. Technology doesn't increase exponentially.

though china was the first nation to have gun power, nearly 500 yrs befor the rest of the world.

im just sayen 4000 yrs and no tech groth, come on thats a bit unbeliveable

Back