wing commander 4 jump drive?

Kalfor said:
, the lack of money from petroil, no damage to their infrastructure due to long range missile strikes, etc, and Iraq would definitly have a far better defense, for startes it would actually be able to maintain their own jets as they would have the money and the way to adquire the parts

i agree, though we know even if iraq had a self sustained military we know they wouldnt be able to beat todays america........ but i do think they could beat an american 50 yrs old

Kalfor said:
Uh, discussing how a '50s USA would do against today's Iraq is a bit stupid . . .
Its more than a bit stupid. The question is how would Iraq a few months ago match up to the US in the 1950's. Thats like trying to have a discussion about who was better, the 1972 Dolphins or the 1997-8 Broncos (whatever, pick a team). You really can't compare them. We just were citing it as an example. You don't need to shoot any more holes in something that in basis is filled with holes already :)

C-ya

No... we see the victory from the point of view of one carrier -- they were engaged all over human space. Heck, once Confed was on the offensive, the Midway wasn't even the first carrier at the front... the TCS Eisen's carrier group moved ahead and saw the bloodiest fighting.

the eisen carrier group, ah yes, never saw them though u saw there vampires, but not much else other then that, they need to make the game more combat ship based

also it wasnt the eisen carrier group that destoryed a nephelium fleet with a plasma weapon, now was it a fleet who destroyed 2 ship killers.....oh and im forgetting the wormhole what ships fighters killed that 1?

No -- it was, in fact, the ship that went *ahead* of the ship that did all of those things, clearing the way.

they may have cleared the way but thats all they did, they didnt kill any of the special ships, nor the worm hole and i do belive that the midway was the only ship in the vicinty of the worm hole anyway. and that doesnt matter

We don't really know *what* the Eisen did or did not destroy -- it may well have destroyed just as many shipkillers and dreadnoughts as Midway.

(And, of course, one of the Eisen's fighter wings was responsible for most of the Midways victories, anyway...)

Yes my point is, we didnt see it so u assume that u did the most works its just natural infalibility disorder, we think that we are the best and no1 can defeat us, so we make things easier then they should be

Lord_Nathrakh said:
Yes my point is, we didnt see it so u assume that u did the most works its just natural infalibility disorder, we think that we are the best and no1 can defeat us, so we make things easier then they should be

How did you distill that from posts about technological advancement meaning the Bugs should've had greater tech than they displayed?

well as its a game created by man, we cant lose, we are infalible as such cannot be beaten, so what if theres more of the bugs, and they havent really advance in 4000 yrs. Were supperior we beat the kilrathi we are gods no bug can defeat the awsome power of the confederation.

on a more reasnable course of thinking, roberts did it so we could complete the game, after all what point would there be in having a game that cant be finished...... well a single player game anyway multi RPGs are a differnt story.

well for that matter i dont know any1 who can lose on vetran, all my true gamer mates thanks to me, are all wing co feinds several are better and 1 is actually better at XvT named DaTumba

Back