Hobbes scene

Common sense indicates that if he had good enough intelligence to know that Hobbes would be dispatched to meet the humans, then the Rebellion would have never gotten to the point where they could actually do anything - as you know, Ghorah Khar was a rather significant planet for the Prince.

Thrak was also fairly young at the time, iirc. His Dad had just been executed, he may not have been thinking things through. And I guess, If Quarto is right, once Hobbes went over to the humans Thrak decided no sense in wasting the personality overlay by turning him right away. I could see Thrak spinning this to his grandfather (much like the Mandarin/Deneb thing.) Planning to use Hobbes to infiltrate Confed and waiting years to use him does not sound like Thrak's usual approach. Sounds more like Baron Jukaga. I think the rebellion infilitration makes a lot of sense.

But the prince may not have known who was involved in the rebellion. Or Hassa worked for Thrak and thus inspired Ralgha to surrender his ship. But then I wonder why not only in a fighter?
Anyway, I agree that the original plan of Thrak, infiltrating the rebels with Hobbes sounds good. I surely find it more convincing than having the plan to send him immediately to the Terrans. Yes, I definately like it better...

All too true, Wedge. Hey, you just got my old rank symbol :).

What I'd really like to see is a more detailed history of Hobbes' early years. We know that he and Hassa go back a long way - that could indicate that my real-Hobbes-was-a-Rebel theory is actually supported by something more than wishful thinking :).

Yes, I'd like such a confirmation, too. Everything that makes Hobbes appear in a better light (not that he needs to be in a better light) would be appreciated a lot.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-12-2001 at 05:42]

Originally posted by Quarto
Hey, you just got my old rank symbol.
Funny that. How times change... :)

It seems you and I are the only ones who wishes Hobbes was Hobbes and not Ralgha - Mekt seems to like Hobbes if only because he's a Kilrathi. :)

Well, we know that Ralgha was born in 2641 and that he began serving with the Kilrathi fleet in 2645. Presumably he spent those first four years of his life with Hassa on Hhallas...

Actually I am split. As the Kilrathi admiring player I like Hobbes because he is the only Kilrathi you meet for some time, that's true.
But as regular WC fan, I like Hobbes very much because he trusted Blair in WC2, whereas Stingray and so on just picked on you. I also like him because he is not so annoying as most others, he does not constantly show off and is full of praise. :)
And he is a competent wingman, something I appreciate in such a game.

Wow, the Kilrathi really have a different life rhythm. Entering the army with 4 years, being a Khantahr with 14 and commanding a cruiser. And he already has grey hair at that age.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-16-2001 at 08:42]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

And he is a competent wingman, something I appreciate in such a game.
Mmmmmhhh... do you really think so?

I agree for WC III, but in WC II he just doesn't meet my "protect-your-wingleader" standards well enough... <G>
Maybe because the only fighters he flies with you are Rapiers... ;)

Put Hobbes in a Broadsword and maybe he can do wonders... :)

But granted, in WC III he was one of the best (who then turned out to be one of the worst)...

In WC2 most wingmen act not very defensively IMHO. They go immediately for any Cap ships instead of chasing down fighters. But I found Hobbes to be nevertheless the best and most faithful wingman, in WC2 as well as in WC3.

so what version of wing commander 3 do you get too see all the cut footage. for examplal the explinantion for hobbes, or the newsbriefs. or those bombing missions.

I like Hobbes too damn it!

In Wc3, I kinda liked having Cobra on my wing, despite my detesting her utterly. She was very aggressive and I had to fight for my kills, which meant I took crazy risks in flying which made me a better pilot in the long run.

I still hate her though.

I also liked Flint. She was my girl, until WC4 and then its either Sosa or the Intrepid's helm girl. ::whistles:: Goddamn...but I still miss Flint...

-J

Originally posted by LeHah
I also liked Flint. She was my girl, until WC4 and then its either Sosa or the Intrepid's helm girl. ::whistles:: Goddamn...but I still miss Flint...

-J

And what about Panther? Okay, she was not the best pilot, but she had other skills right?

Panther was a fine pilot -- she was a Lieutenant Colonel, and she served with note in the Astoria System.

Back