Hobbes scene

Originally posted by Quarto
Still, a mere 1200 on afterburners? Not enough, just not enough :).
I don't really care much for speed... but if that's the case, it's another reason why the Vampire outclasses the Dragon/Lance. :)

mpanty, that's the missing "Hobbes Explanation", I presume.

Originally posted by Wedge009

mpanty, that's the missing "Hobbes Explanation", I presume.
Well ok... but what is this "missing Hobbes Explanation"? Explanation for what? SOMEONE DESCRIBE THE SCENE GODDAMNIT, emh pleeeeeaaaze? :D

No need for shouting [and this is what I'm referring to in the mail].

I thought you knew by now that the scene in WC3 where Hobbes explains his reasons for returning to Kilrah was dropped in the PC version, but included in the PS version. You can get the video in the files section.

Why would your uni allow downloads of movies? My computer department certainly doesn't. Plus I'd just just have to re-download them from home, albeit via (presumably faster) FTP.

The scene...

(You open the locker, and see that little hologram message thingy; it shows a hologram of Hobbes)

"Colonel, I am returning to my Homeworld - but my admiration for you compels me to provide an explanation for my actions...
"You must understand that the Hobbes you knew was a construct, the result of an identity-overlay experiment, initiated long ago by Prince Thrakhath. Lord Ralgha nar Hhallas, you have never truly met. I myself never met him until I heard the Prince utter your Kilrathi title, ‘The Heart of the Tiger.’ This was the trigger that awakened my true personality - hidden for so many years. Once awakened by the words of my Prince, I had no choice but to perform his bidding.
"Kilrathi do not surrender, nor do we betray. And yet, in being true to my kind, I have betrayed you - for I have watched you, Colonel - know you are an honorable warrior... If we meet again... we'll have no choice but to perform our duties... with honor...."

Similar to the hologram message Angel left for Blair. In any case, the scene is also in the WC3 script in the files section.

Does anyone know why it was not included in the PC version?

Furthermore, the are nice takeoff sequences included in the 3DO version, why were those not included in the PC version?

Similar to the hologram message Angel left for Blair. In any case, the scene is also in the WC3 script in the files section.
Indeed, that's where I quoted it from :).

For once, the Mac people got one over on us PC gods by actually getting the cutscene.

"Kilrathi do not surrender"

Really? Well, I suppose the Thrak'ra nobility are a tad more proud than Kilra'ra peasents like Mr. Melek....

True....most nobility are inbred anyway.

"I am a Royal...are you my cousin? Good, then let us shag and create stupider versions of ourselves which may one day control a nation"

Great idea

Wedge: what uni? I'm at UWA...we get 4 mb a day...

So much for being a 'leading university'... (well for women thats a different story :D)

The Mac version doesn't have the scene...

The 'extended' takeoff scenes aren't in the PC version because, in the PC version, you take off manually from inside the carrier (3DO version doesn't have cut-through bays).

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Mac version doesn't have the scene...

The 'extended' takeoff scenes aren't in the PC version because, in the PC version, you take off manually from inside the carrier (3DO version doesn't have cut-through bays).
If I had the choice, I would prefer to have these start sequences and begin the *controllable* flight in space (just like it is in Privateer)

Well... we say that now, but there was a *huge* 'neat-o' factor for the fly-through bays back in '94... we were all just so amazed at the detail <G>

I'd say LOAF means that it was F*CKING BRILLIANT to be able to fly through the carrier. I'd have to totally agree!

But Loaf, what do you mean about the 3DO version, were the carriers solid and didn't have a fly through hangar?

Originally posted by Quarto
The scene...

(You open the locker, and see that little hologram message thingy; it shows a hologram of Hobbes)

"Colonel, I am returning to my Homeworld - but my admiration for you compels me to provide an explanation for my actions...
"You must understand that the Hobbes you knew was a construct, the result of an identity-overlay experiment, initiated long ago by Prince Thrakhath. Lord Ralgha nar Hhallas, you have never truly met. I myself never met him until I heard the Prince utter your Kilrathi title, ‘The Heart of the Tiger.’ This was the trigger that awakened my true personality - hidden for so many years. Once awakened by the words of my Prince, I had no choice but to perform his bidding.
"Kilrathi do not surrender, nor do we betray. And yet, in being true to my kind, I have betrayed you - for I have watched you, Colonel - know you are an honorable warrior... If we meet again... we'll have no choice but to perform our duties... with honor...."
Wow... so Hobbes was a traitor... SINCE THE BEGININNING?
Sad :(, I thought that only during WC III he started missing his homeworld so much, that seeing it destroyed by Confed was too much to bear...

Yet I don't think the programmers Hobbes' treason in mind yet, when they were programming WC2...
I think Hobbes only "became" a traitor in WC III (game-wise... historically-wise, it's been apparently all along... :( )

Back