Excalibur Paint Job for Movie

Those guys have skills like you wouldnt believe... I mean most teams choose a nice, light, nimble fighter like the F-16 or the Snowbirds' machine (cant remember the model) then these Russians show up with the freakin biggest fighter Ive ever heard of a demo team flying and pulls the same kind of stuff. I dont think they do some of the ultra-nimble tricks simply because the aircraft isnt capable of it, but as a team they are amazingly smooth.

Trying something new with the tail. What do you think?

excal_wip33f.jpg

excal_wip33g.jpg

I think I'm nearing a final version of the textures here. Right now, the details I've added have been the 5 pirate 3 kilrathi kills (note the little coloured icons near the cockpit) and she's a member of the Flying Tigers squadron (I took that squadron logo off a WWII design I have in a book of mine).

Oh, and if you noticed that the tail design was changed, it hasn't since the previous picture, I just accidentally set the ground plane to be too high, so it cut the fins off, it has been corrected.

It is nice, especially after seeing the ship in Secret Ops. The Excalibur looks so DULL in that game. The model reminds you that it is a pretty cool looking ship. Nice one Cam

::Whistles:: That's gorgeous.

The design on the botom back wing looks like part of the Border World's symbol too. Nice touch.

that looks great but i don't like the mouth and eyes.... i've never been a fan of that but the rest of amazing

Bad. Awesome. Sierra Hotel. Too cool. Only other sugg, diffrent squadrons have diffrent colors, etc. Keep up the good work.

By the way, those are kinda Blue Angels colors.

Thunderbirds flew the whole team into the deck once. Very bad.

Blue Angels had their worst run when they were flying F-4's.

Blue Angels are the best.

SCHWEEEEET!...

2 suggestions, though:

The pilot in the cockpit looks..."off".

He's proportionally too small for the cockpit (...looks like you could fit another guy in there in front of him, ala an F15 Strike Eagle--2-seater). And, he's seated too far *back* in the cockpit.

The seat/guy should be farther forward. If you look at, say, an F-16 Falcon, you see there's plenty of space behind the pilot, neath the canopy. In other words, the pilot's seat is more "centered" within the cockpit.

Fix this one area and the model will be the *penultimate* in SCHWEETness!...

Preacher, I can't do that. The cockpit is a remake of the cockpit from Wing Commander 3, plus some modifications for a joystick and throttle. I can't move him forward or size him bigger, unfortunately (I'm kind of unsure as to his proper scale, but I'm gonna leave him as is [the fighter is HUGE]) due to the fact that the ejection seat is of proper scaling and it fits exactly into the slot that the consoles have for a seat.

Preacher, if you think about why the F16 cockpit is like that, you would see your complaints are unfounded.

T.C.

You seem like a smart fella. Don't listen to Preacher. Ever.

The only note that I can make is that the Flying Tigers were a mercenary/volunteer unit. Perhaps not the ideal nose art for a Confed fighter but great for some BW jobs.

Back