Excalibur Paint Job for Movie

Mabey try the WC1/WC2 "fleet green" instead of the yellow? And make the blue a little darker, more like WC3/WC4 navy blue?

I always thought the paint job on a plane should reflect what squadron they're in. Say if they wee the Killer Bees (ahh the memories) I'd stick with the black and yellow (same for black lion, blue pheonix, whatever). Just a heads up though (actually 2 contradictory points) if you were flying in a dogfight, would you like to have extremely bright colors like yellow on your ship? Also, if you were flying formations alot, would you prefer your wingmen to have dark colored wingtips that you might not see (this is were wing tip lights are important)? Just a few thoughts to go over while your choosing your color scheme. I myself am a dark colors man, Navy blue and forest green rock on anything :)!

C-ya

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, I had in mind the squadron idea when I was thinking of making a new paint job for the fighters. That was my intent.

I will try the fleet green and blue idea later today.

As for the thing about detection, when you play WC, you kind of see a big box over the fighter and you know their distance. I am doing these paint jobs on the assumption that in the future, sensors are good enough that aspect deception is controversial.

Keep those comments coming!

I like the blue and yellow much better (possibly because i'm a University of Michigan fan, but that's beside the point). But i would also go with a darker blue. Looks like you're on a roll and i'm looking forward to seeing the final product.

Hmmm, first of all, the blue and yellow one is better than the black and yellow one... and I'd definitely keep the stripe on the neck.
Also, I'd try moving the confed logo on the wings a little further to the back, or perhaps enlarge it so that it reaches out further to the bottom as well. This would be really a subtle change, though, so it's not that big of a deal.
Perhaps a slight change to the hue/saturation of the main hull would make it look better as well? I don't know, the gray looks too "pure" for my taste. You could try changing it towards blue or maybe orange just a tiny bit... just another subtle change, maybe it's just me :p
Finally... I assume you plan on including warning signs, etc. next to the cockpit, engines, guns, and such, right? If you don't, well, then that's my only major suggestion... that mesh and it's textures are a great piece of work, man :)

--Eder

Originally posted by Eder
I don't know, the gray looks too "pure" for my taste. You could try changing it towards blue or maybe orange just a tiny bit... just another subtle change, maybe it's just me :p
I suppose making it dirty and rusty would help, eh? ;)

Originally posted by Cam
Here's is a slight variation that has a stripe on the neck. I might not use this one, or I might keep this one only for the wing commander.

excal_wip33b.jpg

Thoughts, comments?

Well, I reckon no hombre in his right mind'd wanna fly a bird that's got a YELLA STRIPE DOWN ITS BACK!!...

The scheme with the blue ROCKS! The yellow stripe..... is it for all of them, or are you telling the bad guys to gang up on the leader....

As far as the squadron thing goes, the front left side seems kinda blank and wanting....how about a squadron insignia or something to go there?

For more ideas, check out WWII squadron markings, and stuff like the Navy's old VF-84 squadron. They were the ones with the big skull and crossbones on the tail.

Dare ya to do a Blue Angels Excalibur!:D

Originally posted by TC
Don't be a jackass, LeHah. I'm rather sure Cam knows that...

I'm not trying to be a jackass. I just like everything he's done thus far. :)

How's about this:

excal_wip33d.jpg

I darkened the blue, added some warning decals which I forgot to add by the guns, and I added a sharks' mouth.

How do you think it looks?

don't forget the warning markings buy the engine intakes.
might try a big scarlet and grey "O" somewhere on there. like inside the engine intakes

Big O? ??? I have no idea what that is about, heh. I have the other warning markings by the engines; I redid them like they were on the WC3 and WC4 Excalibur textures.

Back