Proof Shotglass lives...

Yeah but there are a few less than reputable people in the Border Worlds whom palms can be properly greased for Maniac's one man militia unit :)

Originally posted by Supdon3
Im sure Border Worlds security isnt as tight as ConFed's and Maniac could concievably find a way.

Confed has tight security? Let's see, who was it who had a Vesuvius class supercarrier "burrowed" by Eisen in WC4? :)

Best, Raptor

Well, I'm happy just knowing that the YF-23 won't fall into the hands of that *evil* other merc squadron's leader...

Originally posted by Jumper
The US military renders planes unflyable before selling to the private sector by breaking the planes 'backbone', a process which is pretty much unfixable.
Backbone? What would that be?

Originally posted by Raptor
Confed has tight security? Let's see, who was it who had a Vesuvius class supercarrier 'borrowed' by Eisen in WC4?
I'm sure whoever let Eisen have the St Helens believed the evidence he presented. In any case, I don't think we're told how Eisen convinces Confed, all he says is he has a few friends in high places. Or is this outlined in the novel?

Nobody let Eisen have the MSH -- someone at Confed High Command let him know where it was undergoing tests... and he captured it!

IM sure it was a "friend" of Eisen in command, and im sure he was able to get enough Confed crew members to side with him using his evidence and doubts they were probably having with the whole Border Worlds situation.

Doesn't explain what he did with the 'loyal' crew onboard, or how he captured the St Helens without too much bloodshed - assuming there wasn't much.

The novel says that Eisen went to Sirius, where enemies of the conspiracy helped him raid the Vesuvius as it came out of an engine test run... no indication (or reason to believe) that this was 'bloodless'.

So it was described in the novel. I take it the conspiracy was Tolwyn's 'Project', but who were the enemies?

Presumably, anybody that found out about it and wasn't a part of it was an enemy of it :).

They knew Eisen's war record, and probably were very suspiscious of all the black ops personnel taking over everything and restricting their access. With Eisen's evidence it probably didnt take much to convince them.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The novel says that Eisen went to Sirius, where enemies of the conspiracy helped him raid the Vesuvius as it came out of an engine test run... no indication (or reason to believe) that this was 'bloodless'.

On this topic: How many of you "pulled your punches" in WC4? That's to say, avoiding killing Confeds/Border Worlders where it wasn't neccessary to the completing the mission? I did that from my second time through onwards. As for the Black Lance, of course, I went out of my *to* kill them. :)

Best, Raptor

I think the only time i pulled my punches were any time I could have used the Flash Pak, including against the Ella superbase, which i didnt attack in any way, but went around. Those lame taunts from Confed pilots just made me have to space em. Though I did enjoy killing Black Lancers.:)

[Edited by Supdon3 on 04-02-2001 at 02:59]

I always killed as many as possible - it's just a game! :) But thinking through the storyline, it didn't feel as good as killing a Kilrathi.

Originally posted by Supdon3
Though I did enjoy killing Black Lancers.:)

Exactly. This is the way I see it:

Q: Who would you kill first, a Kilrathi or a Black Lancer?

A: The Kilrathi.

Q: Why?

A: Business before pleasure. :)

Best, Raptor

[Edited by Raptor on 04-02-2001 at 03:12]

Luckily, Nazis (even if they're *space* Nazis) are the one group it's still politically correct to offend. :)

Back