Proof Shotglass lives...

Have you played WCP lately? :)

***SPOILER***
Not that anyone doesn't know this already...

Hawk karks it in Prophecy, whether by going on a suicide run against the Kilrathi, or being ambushed by two squadrons of Nephilim.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
His post-Midway situation is explained in the WCP Gold manual (the letter from Paladin). (His autobiography, Me: The Life and Battles of Maniac Marshall, and plans for retirement are from the WCP Guide).

So we wont see Maniac getting himself in trouble in the (hopefully)next WC game? Thats sad...:(

Exactly what I meant. Bad enough we probably won't see Blair again (not the Blair we knew, anyway), we also probably won't see Maniac. Not many characters from WC1 to WC4 left...

I wouldn't bet on not seeing Maniac -- I mean, we saw Paladin after he retired from flying fighters...

Originally posted by Wedge009
Have you played WCP lately? :)

***SPOILER***
Not that anyone doesn't know this already...

Hawk karks it in Prophecy, whether by going on a suicide run against the Kilrathi, or being ambushed by two squadrons of Nephilim.
its been awhile i forgot

Originally posted by Wedge009
Yes, but he became a senator, what's a retired Maniac gonna do?

Become an instructor? Can you imagine a whole generation of cadets in the mould of Maniac Marshall. I wouldn't know who to feel sorrier for, Confed or the Nephilim. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
Become an instructor? Can you imagine a whole generation of cadets in the mould of Maniac Marshall. I wouldn't know who to feel sorrier for, Confed or the Nephilim. :D
Best, Raptor [/B]

AACK!!!!! Flee now!!

I can't take the horrors!!

Yes, remember Maniac's Squadron from WC2 Special Ops. They all died, or were a traitors, or were too injured to fly again. Can you imagine all of Confed being trained by him? Also remember the two pilots rookie pilots that were killed while flying patrol with him. (names escape me at the moment) They were also killed cause they charged a group like maniac always does. Heaven help Confed if Maniac is training the pilots!

I wuld certainly miss Maniac if he did not appear as wingman in the next WC game but it would also be quite realistic. The guy would be over 50 and Paladin was supposed to retire from active combat duty with 45...

Weird: I consider myself a Wc fan, having played WC since 1990/91 but until now I always thought our Wing Commander on the Tiger's Claw was named "Halycon"... shame upon me.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-30-2001 at 17:48]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Weird: I consider myself a WC fan, having played WC since 1990/91 but until now I always thought our Wing Commander on the Tiger's Claw was named "Halycon"... shame upon me.
It is... or better yet "HaLCyon", not Halycon... :)

Or were you trying to be funny? I'm too lazy to read the whole thread... ;)

No, no I was not joking. I lived with that mistake for 10 years and only realized it now, when LOAF's post made me check. :(

Back