A new version of the Gemini Gold Privateer remake has been released. The first major release in over two years brings new features, graphical upgrades and bug fixes. Notable improvements are Righteous Fire speech support, high res environments and better asteroid fields. Gemini Gold is available for Windows, Linux and Mac. An up-to-date version of the manual can be found here.
Privateer Gemini Gold 1.03 (2009-12-21) Come get some... Privateering! We have finished Privateer Gemini Gold 1.03!
The new release brings speech support for the additional Righteous Fire campaign, more original Privateer like features, a few new rendered fully animated interiors and a handful of bugfixes. Checkout the changelist for more details.
This december release is also our christmas present for the Privateer fans. Enjoy the holidays, kick some retro asses and don't forget to refuel your jump drive!
List of Changes:
- A. Righteous Fire campaign voiceovers
- B. High resolution interior/base graphics
- Perry Concourse with animations
- Mining Base Landing Pad animated light beam
- Mining Base Concourse with dust nebular and walking man
- New Detroit Landing Pad and Concourse animations
- New Constantinople Landing Pad and Concourse animations
- Some new damaged upgrade item graphics
- C. High resolution MFD graphics (cockpit displays)
- D. Privateer like communication options and radar colors for bases
- E. Shields power down when playership runs out of energy
- F. More detailed and better visible asteroid fields
- G. Savegames can be named
- H. Better readable Oxford Library computer screen
- I. Bugfixes
- Level of Detail (might cause performance issues during spaceflight)
- loading of a saved mission causes infinite new waves of hostile ships
- missile lock light always on while in gun or missile lock
- scrolling hud down affects all other huds as well
- landing after collision with eden moon
- hitchhiker won't leave playership
- mission MFD shows nothing.
- mission bases and planets are not neutral
- positive militia responses take longer than negative
- cargo space calculation is wrong when using cargo expansion
- hit autopilot while communicating in a centurion changes MFDs position