At last, Standoff as we wanted to release it almost month ago. The random crash problem that plagued the game is now resolved, as every other show stopped crashes/bugs that were reported by our testers and the community via our forums. Few minor bugs may be remaining, but we're still working on sorting the last details for a next update.
This new release should better support ATI video cards than previously: Alex has found some limitations in the Catalyst drivers he could make a workaround for. In the case of older or mobile cards, the renderer should now automaticaly ignore a visual option that isn't supported. Unfortunately we don't have access to many ATI testers so your feedback will be appreciated.
Here's the list of changes/fixes in 1.29:
- Fixes the random crashes when using the new effects.
- Removed the crazy values nagscreen in the options menu, as the crashes are now fixed.
- Fixes support for most recent ATI cards, better sopport for older and mobile versions. Cards that doesn't support the new visual effects should now ignore those options.
- Fixed the inversion of the middle and good endings.
- All the simulator missions are now enabled for the scoreboard, except simulator mission 6.
- Minor tweeks to some episode 3 missions.