If you're looking for something to help pass the long weekend, the WC-inspired shooter Absolute Territory has gotten a big graphical upgrade and support for VR headsets. On top of the improved visuals, there are also practical improvements to help with travel between waypoints, the user interface and with the simulator. There's a new trailer, and more info can be found at the game's Steam page. centaurianmudpig has the details below!
Allow me to introduce you to this huge title update bringing all-new VR mode! For those without VR headsets, there is a host of visual improvements and upgrades to pleasure your eyes.
VR provides a first-person experience piloting every starfighter available to fly. Each fighter has a 3D modeled cockpit to look around for improved situational awareness.
Warp to new horizons
- To keep you firmly seated in your cockpit, warp speed has been invented for transitioning to new areas during multi-staged missions faster than the speed of light.
New Graphics Options
- A range of visual enhancements brings increased fidelity to the original graphics along with:
- Increase fighter texture quality for all Endophora fighters.
- Lighting improvements for explosion effects.
- 16 new skyboxes (updated in campaign, tutorial, waves, and gauntlet modes) along with their own unique lighting
- PCs have always been synonymous with configurability. 2.0 brings a wide range of video options to configure to either increase performance or increase visual quality.
- The Enhanced Graphics option brings greater flexibility for increasing performance at the cost of visual quality or increasing visual quality at the cost of performance. Or you can just keep it disabled and use the default settings for the chosen Overall Quality setting.
- You can disable all camera shakes if you suffer from motion sickness.
- Field of view provided in Standard mode,
- Longevity brought to Waves and Gauntlet with ship selection. Test your flying skills with all 6 Imperial fighters along with full weapon load-outs.
- Gauntlet now provides shield recharging and ammo restock at the end of each mission.