As always, anyone is welcome to play, but understand the following things:
1. The game is still in development. There are bugs.
2. You are not obligated to help bug hunt, but it helps. That said, just being in the game helps!
3. Don't make suggestions for improvement for now; only point out bugs and or cases where the behaviour is different than the manual.
4. Be moderately aware of the progress of WCTOO, you can do this by reading through this forum!
Alpha Game 5 is going to focus on three things:
1. The new 'Basic' Pilot Skill System
2. Tailing (still very buggy)
3. Missile Evasion (mostly good)
4. EDIT: Large maps! (This will be our first map that takes a lot of scrolling to play)
That means I expect you guys to try to use the above features at every opportunity, even if that means tailing your wingmates. (If you're really dedicated to the cause, fire a missile at your wingmates!) If I haven't chased you away yet, Welcome Tester!
To join Alpha Game 5, you must do the following things:
1. Go to the Phase 5 Game Site and make an account if you don't already have one.
2. Post here that you are going to play and declare your ship choices!
A. Everyone gets 3 ships.
B. Each ship must be from a different category: (light/medium/heavy fighter, bomber)
C. You can mix confed/kilrathi ships, but realize the FF's IFF recognition is by race, not team. (In fact, teams don't exist)
D. I will be "randomly" assigning a different skill level to each of your ships. Some of you will be stuck with a 'Green' ship, some with an Elite, and a lucky person is getting a 'Legendary' ship. The rest will be spread so that everyone will have at least one Regular/Vetaran.
E. Post the Ship's Callsign and its Pilot's Name (this can be your username, but doesn't have to be).
No rush, but I expect this game to start in about 2 weeks.