The fantastic new CIC Head Museum is now even better! LOAF has just added the distinct look of the Super Nintendo characters to the database. These are, of course, very different than the portrayals from Super Wing Commander on the 3DO/Mac, which are also on display. Plus, you can find many other characters from Christopher Blair to Bruiser McDoozer, which are all neatly categorized according to the Wing Commander game they starred in. Check them out here.
I've added the Super Nintendo heads to the museum! A few interesting notes:
- The heads look very 'thin' because the SNES renders an 8:7 image which your TV would then stretch somewhat to 4:3.
- Hunter's cigar is removed, almost certainly a victim of Nintendo's then-very-strict content policy.
- Angel's earrings are removed, likely because of the more limited number of colors available (presumably not a strange content cut as Spirit still has her more muted earrings).
- The VDU images for Hunter and Maniac are CORRECTED! They read 'Dart' and 'Joker' respectively in the PC version which had been their names earlier in development.
- The SNES cuts the space suit 'salute' arm so neither Blair nor Halcyon salute at the funeral.