Dear Wingnuts, it's been long time since we last gave you an update of our progress. The CIC birthday came just in time to give you a good taste of our development so far. But let me tell you in further detail what this version is all about.
1. Graphics: As you might already know the whole graphics part of our game engine has been upgraded, plus the game performance is more balanced than ever.
2. Barracks - Load/Save: In the previous release the player could access only the hangar deck, the control room and the officers lounge. In this release the barracks is also ONLINE. The game starts from there (just like in WC1) and you can register and select your pilot from there.
3. Additional Cutscenes - Animated Characters: The hangar deck and control room of Daedalus is no more an empty space. There are animated characters around. New takeoff and landing cutscenes have also been added.
4. Features: Now I am getting to the more interesting part! 14 new unique systems have been created and added to the gameplay. The Nav Map, Nav System and Autopilot are fully functional. The player is no longer lost in space with the best addition of all: Jump Drive. Now you can take the transport for a free flight and explore the world of Flat Universe, jumping from system to system just like in Privateer. Of course there is no friendly traffic in the systems nor pirates to fight with but still the player can enjoy the graphics and have an extended taste of the gameplay. Additionally, 8 new training missions have been added with a performance report in the end of every mission. Last but not least there is an in-flight screenshot function. Now, you can grab the moment of your flight experience by hitting F12 and the screenshot will be saved into your Flat Universe home folder.
5. Bugs: We could say with confidence that in this release there has been an extensive effort in debugging and it is confidently one of our most stable distributions so far. However, there was one drawback to one of the features that we included on our previous release. That is, the automatic patching system. From now and on we will continue our distribution with the old favorite: download the whole package. We are very sorry for the inconvenience but it seems that this feature will have to wait for the time being.
Feel free to tell us what is on your mind and remember that we are counting on your feedback. It is for you, the community, that this project is created for and you will have to enjoy it along with us. Have fun!