The WC4 Mod for Homeworld has now been fully relaunched! L.I.F. has made great strides over the path month with integrating czacen's original project into the Homeworld: Remastered framework. The game is now fully functional with the updated version of the core game. Multiplayer is operational, and some slick bonus features are in work for future updates. Confed, the Border Worlds and Black Lance are all playable, and L.I.F. is even considering adding a fourth Kilrathi faction if he can get some modeling assistance. A tester made a really cool preview video below that shows off the exquisite blend of fighter combat and large scale capship battles below. Homeworld Remastered owners can grab the mod here!
Well, that's it! The Wing Commander 4 mod is now fully operational on Homeworld Remastered. It features are:
- everything from the CIC-hosted version of the mod (including torpedo defense)
- the engine improvements from Remastered
- fuel management for all strike crafts outside the Excalibur and the Dragon, forcing you to come back to your carrier regularly
- functional tech tree for all three factions
- working AI for all three factions
- "hero" fighters, for each faction, unique crafts with boosted stats and, for Blair in the Border Worlds, the possibility to choose his ride. One special pilot for each faction, possibly more to come
- hidden units you have to unlock for your faction the Dekker way (two already, I'll try to get more in future updates)
- multiplayer functionality (requires an additional step explained on the mod page)
And as a call to the community, if anyone with 3D design experience has models of Kilrathi ships/fighters and would be willing to share them for this mod, I would be grateful for any material helping me to build a Kilrathi faction for the mod.