eddieb announces the release of Flight Commander 1.6. Feature requests and bug reports can be filed here. You can discuss this release on the Flight Commander Forums.
New features for players:
- A gorgeous new nebula and starfield background (thanks Standoff)
- A new damage model.
If you get shot up, your ship's performance starts to degrade. You lose missiles, you slow down, you can't afterburn. Your trusty repair system helps get you back on your feet.
- Sparks trail behind damaged engines
- An enhanced HUD
- Enhanced missile lock sounds
- Improved missile lock behavior and missile target selection
- Improved automatic target selection for the player
- A new high scores list in the simulator
- A new training mission in the simulator
- A new Nav Point cross: you can now visit nav points in any order
- White rectangles around targets that are talking on the comm system
- Ability to pause the game
- Better captions during communications.
New features for mission designers:
- A new mission, with a graphical Nav Map editor.
- 7 new scripting functions
- Give the player a choice of Nav points to visit
- Set percentages on each mission objective.
- Decide points awarded for the high scores in the simulator.
- More flags for missiles: viewcone, attack enemies only (for IFFs), acquire a new target on missile launch.