Do you remember what you were doing eight years ago today? If you were part of the online Wing Commander community back then, you were probably laughing at Captain Johnny and Sean Murphy's "Ten Signs that you're addicted to Wing Commander Prophecy." It was posted to alt.games.wing-commander and reprinted at the Wing Commander Home Sector on February 23, 1998. Those were darn good times.
1. You keep hitting the 'C' key to talk to people.
2. When using your dustbuster, you pretend its a Marine LC.
3. You 'autoslide' when walking.
4. Whenever you see a roach, you start looking for his wingman.
5. You make 'afterburner' noises when passing cars on the freeway.
6. When pulling into a parking garage, you wait for the 'AUTO' light to
appear on your dashboard.
7. You use the power mirrors in your car like turrets.
8. You get upset when you can't get a torpedo lock on the truck in front of
9. You think Mark Hamill is a darn fine actor.
10. You end every conversation with "Break and attack!"