We'd like to thank you all for visiting us for three years at wcnews.com (and for several more years at our precursor Wing Commander news sites). We've reached another major milestone today. Each year we're continually impressed by how enthusiastic our fellow Wing Commander fans are in supporting our community. We've been through quite a lot, and most of it was without a new game to focus on. We've had a lot of other special products, features, events and so on though, and we will continue as long as Wing Commander fans are here to support us. We've even paid off our domain through the year 2010. Many of the fan projects that were just budding during our last birthday have turned into wonderful playable games or are well on their way to producing beautiful results. We hope that our site upgrades today are a help to you, and thank you once again for visiting. And if you can't make the Birthday Party, send an email to ChrisReid@wcnews.com as soon as possible to be included in our alternate door prize contest. Thanks a lot!
There's nothing we like more than opening a new CIC color. CIC Teal brings you all of the information you could ever want for missions from all of the major WC games. Cpl Hades put an enormous amount of effort into it, and TC and I contributed a little too. We hope you'll enjoy this latest addition to the palette, CIC Game Guides!
It's our third anniversary, and it shows. We've polished up our CIC Chat Zone for this joyous occasion. The latest version of the Bulletin Board software makes reading and posting more enjoyable and customizable than ever. The biggest change is that we've made a number of color schemes available for you. Choose or alternate between Romantic Red, Boyish Blue and Terrific Teal!
For many thousands of years, The Book of LOAF remained in the mysterious charge of an Eagle-taunting robot. But since such things were abandoned in hopes of harmony, access to The Book was lost... until now. Formerly available only for the modest fee of $99.99, you can now download it here -- a meg and a half text file.
Running a Fan Project? We've got just the thing for you. From now on, you can run a page dedicated to your very own project right here, at wcnews.com! That's right, posting job offers so someone else will do all your work for you has never been easier, with our brand new CIC Fan Project Manager! Head on over to the Fan Projects section and check out some of the promising projects already featured there, or get in touch if we've overlooked your project!
The results are in and it is now time to announce the winner of the longest WC character list. The winner with a grand total of 858 names is Dralthi5. Congratulations, you win a Maniac action figure signed by the founder of X-Toys! Unfortunately the list wasn't long enough to beat LOAF's list which will be up later, but for now you can read the winning list here.
I recently went over our referral logs, and compiled a list of the most funny, twisted, and downright sick search engine queries. The strangest thing about it is not that people look for these things, but that in the process, they somehow end up at the CIC. Read it here. You must be 18 (or create a distraction for your parents)!
We couldn't have done it without the supernatural efforts of all of the people listed below... and many more!
- MNelson: For continuing to support our efforts immensely by funding BlackLance.org. A true savior of the Confederation.
- TyeDyeBoy: For hosting Wing Commander Academy and for being a true friend.
- Death: Staff member or not (and definitely not not), we can always rely on him.
- Joe & Paula Garrity: For keeping the Origin dream alive.
- Debysue Wolfcale: For helping us get the rights to Pilgrim Truth.
- Peter Telep: For giving us the Pilgrim Truth synopsis -- the highpoint of my year.
- Captain Johnny: Can a year go by without the help and support of Captain Johnny? I think not.
- Chris Roberts: For creating the Wing Commander universe.
- Trelane: For all the sexy, sexy pictures of Kerri-Lee Halkett.
- Lord Nightwalker: One of a number of people who donated server space, time, and effort to help us this year.
- Many People: Who report news each day and help us keep the site fresh.
- All Of You: For sticking with Wing Commander, through what some might call dark times. We exist only to serve you all... and..
- Descent FreeSpace: For Nothing.