What I hate

time.pilot

Spaceman
I had auctioned Wing Commander 2 original packaged on E-Bay(I thought) and what I got was a fucking 2 games sampler. I paid 45 DM ( about 25$ ) and the original price was 20$. I would like to rip the asshole of this bastard.

Did you check his feedback rating before bidding? If he has a good profile, he might be willing to resolve the situation.

Aye, I've been there. Someone ripped me off for a David Arnold CD, but since he was such a nice guy, I bitched him back into the right frame of mind and he got his CD back and I got the one I wanted (though it was a CD/R)

ebay

Always ask when you want to have something special. Especially when PC games are involved. Try to talk to the guy telling him that this is not what you wanted. Feedback may be a strong point but be careful it works both ways (very democratic).

Na ja Kopf hoch...lol.

Originally posted by time.pilot
I had auctioned Wing Commander 2 original packaged on E-Bay(I thought) and what I got was a fucking 2 games sampler. I paid 45 DM ( about 25$ ) and the original price was 20$. I would like to rip the asshole of this bastard.
Well... this looks like an angry German to me... :)

But I can understand... my CD 2 from Kilrathi Saga, which I got from eBay, is SLIGHTLY DAMAGED!! :mad:

Well... I don't know if it's supposed to do so, but controlling the ship in WC2 is very hard with the keyboard... the commands don't respond as well as in WC1.

BTW, it's the CD 1 that's damaged, I didn't isntall WC3 from KS yet...

Maybe you are losing your keyboard-sensitive thing.....
seriously i don´t know ,always play with my old two button joystick.

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEN-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-ZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

:)

Originally posted by mpanty
Well... I don't know if it's supposed to do so, but controlling the ship in WC2 is very hard with the keyboard... the commands don't respond as well as in WC1.
It is supposed to do so. KSaga, though highly prized amongst fans, is not a very good conversion (not surprisingly... the programmers had to decipher five-year-old code written by other people). Keyboard input in particular is prety bad.

I'll tell you that as I've never managed to find a way to use my joystick with WC2 (long story...), my level of success has stayed at roughly the same rate. Namely, zero.

Ehh, keyboard control is all I have. ;) Although I find WC2 control much better than in WC1. DOS versions, that is. Must really suck for the KS version. :(

Hey, i´m the only one using a joystick to play all WC ????:)
It is good the Keyboard or is some choppier.

I use the joystick whenever I can - I'm not accustomed to the mouse, and the keyboard...I had a couple experiences during WingIII...:shudders:

Yeah... from WC3 upwards, despite what Quarto might say :), playing with the keyboard is quite hard...

Since the WC games adopted that "3D motor" look, and abandoned the fighters in bitmap mode... :)

Eh, everyone seems to use joysticks!

And Quarto uses the mouse, I use the keyboard - and keyboard control is excellent from WC3 onwards, not worse!

I prefer joysticks because they allow a greater degree of finesse when manuevering than keyboards and mice.

Back