Spirit

I swear that I saw Paladin's ship explode once, and I've even shot down Spirit (for obvious reasons) and Maniac before, and they were still alive!

and I've even shot down Spirit (for obvious reasons)

Obvious reasons? Oh...I forgot, you're the racist asshole that believes black people and Asians natural don't get along.

I think we've gone as far as we can with this particular troll.

Tune in next week for the guy who really, really hates Norwegians.

Norwegians are VERY intelligent people.

Also, is this guy by any chance Philip Tanaka/whatever-his-other-account-name-was?

I don't think so, he said he'd heard the Super Wing Commander voicework was bad... but if he was playing the game he'd know.

(Also, pilots die in SWC -- the end of the game varies based on who has been killed off.)

...As opposed to this thread, which is most certainly the least intelligent subject I've seen here in a long time. I don't know what's stupidest in this thread - the notion that Japanese women uniformly hate blacks, the notion that Spirit hates Knight because she says he's poor company (do you even know what that phrase means?), or finally, the fact that you thought that Spirit's supposed conformance to your silly stereotype makes her an interesting character.

If all Japanese women hated blacks, and if Spirit hated Knight because he's black and she's a Japanese woman... wouldn't that make her a very, very uninteresting character by virtue of being a walking stereotype?

(...though, of course, that's exactly what she was - oh, she's Japanese AND a pilot? Well, let me guess how she's gonna die... :) )

I think its funny that you call someone's post the least intelligent yet use the word stupidest in the same sentence.....irony

Oh, yeah, Quarto not having perfect grammar is clearly much worse than the casual racism guy.

I'll bet you have some strong feelings about Norway...

It isn't a word; it should be "more stupid" or "most stupid".

(But it's also something you don't really see people complain much about anymore.)

I think eveyone says stupidest anyway. At least they do here.

The proper term is: "Mer dumt" directly translating to "more stupid", but I don't think I've ever heard anyone my age actually say that, or seen them write it for that matter.

Of course, I say "more stupider" because it sounds awesome.

To get way off topic, I think we are definitely at a crossroads concerning grammar in society. It seems to be losing its importance; at least as far as adhering to all of the technicalities is concerned.

It's interesting to try and predict what will be emphasized and what won't in another decade or so. It looks like texting, e-mailing, and technology in general has really impacted the role "proper" grammar plays in day to day interaction.

Then, of course, there's the debate about cursive writing...

Hehe, I did know that "stupidest" isn't considered a word - but there was a time when "stupid" wasn't a word in the English language either. It's the height of silliness to complain about a word not existing - languages aren't dead things that you can catalogue, new words develop every day. Clearly, I wouldn't be able to use "stupidest" if it didn't exist :p.

I think its funny that you call someone's post the least intelligent yet use the word stupidest in the same sentence.....irony

Note one thing. Quatro is not a native English speaker and despite the fact that his English is very good I doubt he would have made the same mistake in Polish. Bad grammar is not a question of stupidity but knowledge. (of course u can find ppl hu us badest grammary becous thy' stupid buts' tht is vary diffrent fing). The original post on the other side will still be stupid translated to Polish, French German, Japanese, Suahili, Klingon, Sindar, Huttese and Kilrathi

Hehe, I did know that "stupidest" isn't considered a word - but there was a time when "stupid" wasn't a word in the English language either. It's the height of silliness to complain about a word not existing - languages aren't dead things that you can catalogue, new words develop every day. Clearly, I wouldn't be able to use "stupidest" if it didn't exist .

I can't agree with that because it would set too broad a standard; yes, "supidest" is a tiny error that, especially in this day and age, is likely stands out to very few people... but your same statement can be equally applied to all the kids using '2' instead of too and punctuating their English papers with smiley faces. That these things happening, even frequently, doesn't make them right or acceptable or indicative that grammar rules of changed.

And those rules exist for a reason. Maybe :) will be a recognizably acceptable way to end a sentence years from now... but if I do it in a press release at work, I'm just plain fired--the possible or likely flow and flexibility of language would be no excuse.

Back