Read This!!!

I'm sure 'Y' is right, though I usually forget to go to maximum speed again.

Throttle control really hurts when you play WC1/WC2/Priv again.

Originally posted by Raptor
For real fun, try going from Prophecy to WC4. You very quickly learn that tailgating isn't that great an idea.
That's exactly why I've been doing a lot of ramming lately ;).

And aye, "Y" matches speed both in WC3 and 4. I don't generally use it all that much... 1114 on afterburners is just soooo slow :D.

It just goes to show some programmers (that of the propulsion system) still don't get it right, even in 2681!

I usually ended up playing "bumper car" with enemies, bouncing off of them after flying right into them to keep them in front of me! That trick was good in WCP/SO, the older games, nope! But ramming is so much fun!

RFB

In any case, I think the Lampreys enjoyed playing 'Bumper cars' a lot, even with their impressive manoeuvrability.

Devil Rays. Definitly bumper car type fighter. Really all it did was ram you, turn around, fly away really fast, turn around, and ram you again.

Hmm, I don't remember playing Bumper cars with Devil Rays. They were ususally smart enough to break off before impact. In any case, those guns were among the strongest collections in the Nephilim fleet, weren't they?

Oh i HATE Devil Rays, cause they are so tough. But when i play WC, especially Prophecy, my finger is usually glued to the afterburner so i have alot of collisions with the 'Ray.

I used to do that, but that usually left me out of fuel by the final battle. Running out of AB fuel right when you had used up most of your missiles and decoys, lost a wingman or two and had damage to your fighter was not a good thing. Last couple of times through Prophecy, I've learnt to be more conservative with the burners.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Supdon3
Devil Rays. Definitly bumper car type fighter. Really all it did was ram you, turn around, fly away really fast, turn around, and ram you again.

Unless you were flying a bomber, in which case it fed you a facefull of plasma. :D The Devil Ray was kind of a disappointment as an opponent though, especially for a fighter that was solely flown by enemy Aces.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Wedge009
Hmm, I don't remember playing Bumper cars with Devil Rays. They were ususally smart enough to break off before impact. In any case, those guns were among the strongest collections in the Nephilim fleet, weren't they?

Well, the plasma gun was deadly, but the others never seemed to make much of an impression. Still, that plasma bolt alone was enough to make me wary of going head-on with the Ray.

Best, Raptor

I take it you meant the Devil Ray, the Ray is just a suicide ship. :)

There were several Devil Rays in SO - flown by regular pilots.

There have been times when i havent even penetrated the shield of a Devil Ray with a missile when it hit full on.

I hope you will pardon a mediocre pilot (who likes to play on the easy level), but exactly what changes at higher levels of difficulty (in Prophecy, for example)? Do the enemy ships take more hits? I just love taking out small enemy ships with a single missile hit! It would seem a shame for your missiles to be next to useless at higher levels.

Definintly do less damage, and the ships move faster and more of them gang up on you. You have a missile locked on you every two seconds, even if there are already three on you.

Do they really move faster? I don't think they were ever handicapped in that department with lower difficulty levels.

Back