Read This!!!

I don't think the cold war had much to do with Wing Commander's timeline.

And I don't think that anyone really expects Communist Russia to rise again. Except maybe Hollywood.

The Third Dawn team is still with Origin -- the UO*2* team was laid off.

I pre-order Starlancer and receive it the first day it was available. I was so excided about it. Then I discover I couldn't replay missions. I was also hoping for the same kind of game play that WC gave. I never finish this game. If they release Freelancer I will not rush out and get it. I will wait for the reviews. WCP was the first PC game I ever bought. I went to a lot of work to get all of the WC games.

C'mon, Q, enough. I want a straight answer - fired or reassigned? You don't usually carry on with two/three word posts. :)

Sorry, it's just that once I brought up that cutscene, a Seether quote seemed appropriate :). Yeah, I think most of the Maverick team got fired. I suppose two or three might have been reassigned, but that's about all.

Oh, I get it now. The "Take your pick" bit was from Paulsen's question about "Blair or the 'Captain'?" :eek: I can't believe I didn't get that at first.

Yeah, last time I played WC was Primarch's SO missions at the end of the break in February. Then it was SO before that, then WCP, then WC4, then WC3... Haven't played WC1/2 for several months now... I think it's 'cause I exhausted them waiting for a chance to play the other WCs - hence my recognition of the quote which rewarded me with my sig. :)

Fancy that :). I too, almost exhausted WC1/2 prior to getting KSaga, WC4, and WCP - but that was back in '97.

I have trouble playing WC1/2 nowadays, i guess im spoiled by 3d graphics, but i can get used to that. Its the blowing up enemy fighters but ramming into them unavoidably and dying that gets me. Guess im spoiled by bouncy sheilds:)

For real fun, try going from Prophecy to WC4. You very quickly learn that tailgating isn't that great an idea. :)

Best, Raptor

ANYTHING with a rear turret in WC3/4 ticks me off. Just shreds my armor if im not paying attention and bombers often fly so slow i end up ramming them opening myself up to lots of turret fire.

That's so true. While I'm usually quick enough to get away from turret fire, too often I'd smash into the backsides of those lumbering Longbows...

Yeah, i dont think there was a match speed button for those games. Coulda used em, and even in Prophecy something that would constantly adjust my speed to match my target like in Freespace would have been nice.

Back