Nephilim

Originally posted by junior
Everything that goes on inside the tower I'm 100% on. And I've already posited that the moment that Nephilim hits the ground, chances are the Blair is dead. Its a big bug, after all. Even if he somehow managed to snipe it while it was falling, the impact would probably break an awful lot of bones.
With regards to what's happening in space, I'm fairly certain my comments are accurate, but that just puts me at about 95% certainty. I may rewatch it again within the next day or two just to verify.

Maybe it dropped down on him in a controlled manner.. even though he probably winged it with that snap-shot.. then the big bug bit him, injecting him with alien space-venom which left him paralyzed.. then, just before the whole place blew, it dragged him through a dimensional portal.. who knows what evil things might await him in bugville....

;)

-Johnny

Okay we've argued enough about Blair. Everything we know is circumstancial since we didn't actually see him getting killed. I think the game designers planned it that way though, with possible plans of his return in another WC game. But obviously that didn't happen. Personally I don't care what happened. Blair's not around at the celebration party on the Midway and that is that.

Wait... if I'm remembering correctly... doesn't the tower Blair's in break off and float throught the worm-hole before it collapses? I'm pretty sure it does.

I *tried* to watch it again last night. Unfortunately, I've recently upgraded both my motherboard and my video card, and I suspect one or both of them is the reason that the video kept skipping. The video portion of the final briefing took all of about five seconds (although the inflight comms were okay).
At any rate, from what I could make out from the brief clips that were shown, it appears that the ring actually stays more or less intact until after the wormhole closes, and at that point, the ring falls apart.
Of course, as I said, the video kept skipping, so I could have easily missed something.

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
I think the game designers planned it that way though, with possible plans of his return in another WC game.

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure "they" did.. :D

-Johnny

Originally posted by LeHah
She told me Mark is something of a chain smoker and is slowly going insane.
Every time you say that, it worries me. :(

Originally posted by Mav23
...doesn't the tower Blair's in break off and float through the worm-hole before it collapses?
People say that, but I can never see it.

Not that I worry too much whether Blair is dead or alive. Isn't his ending what's called a "writer's trapdoor"?

I'm skeptical of it myself, since I don't trust my friend Garrett's GF much. Still, she does know them...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
And then read the update several days later about how that was all made up.

I always wondered about that story, but never knew that it had been debunked.

Any chance of a link to the update? I looked through the archives but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance,

Darcrider

Y'know, the funny thing is that I can't find it either...

The original report was on December 26, 2000. Heh, with the benefit of hindsight, Quarto's report on UE on the same day is almost as amusing as this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back