Nephilim

Originally posted by Hoops

They probably have something like the universal translator from ST. Then they'd be talking to each other, but you could still understand it (but then you still hear them speaking in their own language from time to time, i guess they could turn it off if they wanted.) The Nephilim may have learned some English from the Kilrathi, who had to have records of how to speak English.

They wouldn't need to go to the Kilrathi to learn English. There were Confed bases in the Kilrah system. One of them actually had a survivor who managed to piece together a short range communication hook-up, and get a short broadcast out before the Nephilim presumably located the source of the signal and dealt with it.
Evidence suggests that there was enough information in the Kilrah system alone to provide the Nephilim with a working knowledge of English. They just weren't able to get everything figured correctly until a couple of missions into the game.
And the reverse is also true. Finley apparently manages to piece together parts of the Nephilim language, and discovers that the Nephilim are extremely interested in humanity's ability to fight with little or no remorse, and that the Nephilim refer to humanity as "the unaligned".

Originally posted by Preacher
Um... there's also no "a" in "rising"... :rolleyes:

I think he did mean RAISE, with the "a", from the "to raise" (= a : to set upright by lifting or building b : to lift higher c : to place higher in rank or dignity) verb.

Whether "to rise" would be more appropriate or not that´s a whole ´nother story :)

Maybe they learned english from the crew of the TCS Brack when they captured them and ate their brains..

:D

-Johnny

Did they talk to them before they ate their brains? Because it'd be hard to afterwards.

Originally posted by Starkey

I think he did mean RAISE, with the "a", from the "to raise" (= a : to set upright by lifting or building b : to lift higher c : to place higher in rank or dignity) verb.

Whether "to rise" would be more appropriate or not that´s a whole ´nother story :)

In English, the gramatically correct way to put it WOULD be "Urge to kill rising".
(When the urge *itself* is the active agent, "rising" applies. When a second party is the agent, "raising" would be appropriate, as in "to raise the Titanic"...).

Preacher trying to be right makes me laugh.

And don't be so hard on Ghost's english. It's his second language and he's still learning. So stuff you.

Yeah, really. The mistake was unintentional (I assume) and you understood what he meant. That's all that is important.

Originally posted by TC
Did they talk to them before they ate their brains? Because it'd be hard to afterwards.

It was probably during! Like how the lizard woman from V could speak parakeet after she ate that parakeet's head.

I assume.

Or like how the Brain Bugs in the SST movie learns more about humans by sucking out their brains..

Or maybe eating brains just makes them feel better.. like it does for Zombies.. but probably not..

Oh well..

-Johnny;)

What about the WC Academy episode where Blair along with his Wingman droped in a planet with a kilrathi ?

The Kilrathi and Blair where talking English................

Thrakkath knows English.SOme other Royal maybe too.But not every Kilrathi pilot.DId he have a translator with him or something?

Something else.The translators in the Confeds/Kilrathi ships also,they translate the taunts and they reproduce the voice of the speaker ? ??

I think that the Kilrathi just learned English, like everyone should.;)

We've seen both primitive translaters and pilots learning a few phrases of English/Kilrathi for taunts...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yeah, the subtitles in Prophecy do spell it wrong once (with an 'e')... but I'm not sure where the 'u' came from.
Yes, well, I meant the 'e' typo, no the 'u'.

(It's not the original posters fault... I keep seeing it *everywhere*! There's no u in team! Or Nephilim!)
Well, there's atrocious spelling everywhere. :) But I think this is the first time I've seen "Nephilum".

Originally posted by Ghost
And if by constructive posts you mean:
-Oh Yeah, Good Question!
-Naked women in video games kills the fantasy (or something like that)
-Good idea!

Yes, you are right.
No, I simply meant that I can't recall anything close to healthy discussion from you lately. Too, I don't think those points are all I say in a single post, if I even say anything similar to those anyway.

And we've had a couple of girl gamers discussions before, but I was simply pointing out that I didn't appreciate near-naked female characters all the time in games (if at all). I admire a well-dressed lady, anyway. Joanna Dark, anyone? :)

They were speaking English because they wanted the Centrax on Dula VII to be captured. Remember? "And then they let you find me."
Clever - I thought they just left Blair... hmm, I dunno, because they just did? I didn't really think it was a set up.

Originally posted by Capn Johnny
Maybe they learned english from the crew of the TCS Brack when they captured them and ate their brains...
Eww, gross!

We've seen both primitive translaters and pilots learning a few phrases of English/Kilrathi for taunts...
Talon! Maniac's fellow Wild Eagle! :)

Eh, perhaps on #WingNut, you do. I can't recall a thorough Nephilim discussion on these boards for quite some time.

Originally posted by Wedge009
And we've had a couple of girl gamers discussions before, but I was simply pointing out that I didn't appreciate near-naked female characters all the time in games (if at all). I admire a well-dressed lady, anyway. Joanna Dark, anyone? :)

Fall-from-Grace is a better dresser, imho. But I'd expect nothing less from a succubus (even if she is chaste!).
;)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Clever - I thought they just left Blair... hmm, I dunno, because they just did? I didn't really think it was a set up.

Well, I got the impression that Dula VII was supposed to be the location where a number of prisoners were held, and yet, the marines only managed to recover one prisoner before the whole station went *boom*.
That always struck me as just a little odd.
Of course, Blair's thoughts on the bugs (including the "they let you free me" comment) seem to be somewhat biased. He never does quite seem to get over his capture, and that ultimately keeps him from making a run for his fighter in the end.

Back