Nephilim

He never does quite seem to get over his capture, and that ultimately keeps him from making a run for his fighter in the end.

Umm, he almost gets to his fighter at the end.

Well we don't really know either way so its probably best that we keep within the guidlines and end this line of conversation now.

Originally posted by Hoops
Umm, he almost gets to his fighter at the end.

Do you mean except for the part where he stands around looking for the bug while the timer indicates that he needs to book it for his ship?

Originally posted by junior

Do you mean except for the part where he stands around looking for the bug while the timer indicates that he needs to book it for his ship?

Indeed. I wonder if he wanted to be stay? Perhaps all of those dug up memories of Angel/Tolwyn (like he said) took away his will to live so to speak.

I'm quite sure that was his intention. His mind was still pretty mucked up after being examined by the Nephilim (eww, vivisection). On the other hand, some might argue that he wanted to 'payback' that particular warlord before he made a break for it, and that was his priority - revenge, then escape.

I haven't heard the "revenge" theory. It makes sense, but it doesn't seem quite Blair, although I did have him chase down Hobbes and punch Paladin in WC III. Maybe I should word that differently, it doesn't seem quite like WC IV Blair.

Of course it seems out of character for Blair. As I said, his mind seemed to be in bad shape after being tortured and everything.

Oh I see. Well, if EA would just get off their butts and finish the series, we wouldn't have to wonder about it.

You and I both know it has nothing to do with EA getting off their butts, just whether they choose to allow Origin to continue it.

Originally posted by Wedge009
Of course it seems out of character for Blair. As I said, his mind seemed to be in bad shape after being tortured and everything.

::suddenly experiences flashbacks of Mulder's alien abduction & captivity, etc. ::

If Origin did decide to bring Blair back in the next WC (if it ever happens) then his reappearance may cause some moments of plot thread grinding. After all, Secret Ops was set after WCP, so any way of bringing him back would have to account for his abscence for quite a long period of time after WCP. If he was found ealier than that, his abscence from Secret Ops would not make for the smoothest continuation of the general plot.

Unless they bring him back Alien Resurrection style. Half Bliar, half Nephilim :p

SOP was set mere days after WCP (Blair's funeral takes place right about the same time that Casey and Co. are stowing their gear on the Cerebrus), so accounting for Blair's absence wouldn't be a big deal. The concensus, however, is that despite the apparently open ended nature of Blair's death (meaning that we don't actually witness the Nephilim in question mangling him while the wormhole device explodes), its apparently been stated emphatically elsewhere that Blair is dead.
Besides, Blair's story is over. Its time for new heroes.

if blair is dead, they should have started a new series and not killed him until the new series had two editions, not one. but thats the old complaining for a new WC game speal again.

well i aslo like believing his invisibility.
if he made retired again, he could have come back.
but that would have been repetitive.
i guess their was no other option but to kill blair.

Originally posted by Happy
if blair is dead, they should have started a new series and not killed him until the new series had two editions, not one.

There's absolutely no logic in that. Why wait?

Mark Hamill has a lovely habit of drinking beer on his front porch and getting the mail in his bathrobe. He's not dead; he's just not in a Wing Commander game...

Back