Nephilim

Since you insist on being anal about spelling and grammar, allow me to point out that you misspelled "pervert" twice.

(And on the off chance that you meant to misspell it, allow me to smack you upside the skull.)

Originally posted by Ripper
Are you stalking Mark Hamill?

What is ya, some kind of prevert?

My friend Garrett's ex-girlfriend is family friends with the Hamills. She graduated high school with Nathan Hamill or something.

She told me Mark is something of a chain smoker and is slowly going insane.

Originally posted by WildWeasel

allow me to smack you upside the skull

"OOOooo, You know I like the rough stuff."

And yes, I meant to misspell it.:D

Originally posted by junior
The concensus, however, is that despite the apparently open ended nature of Blair's death (meaning that we don't actually witness the Nephilim in question mangling him while the wormhole device explodes), its apparently been stated emphatically elsewhere that Blair is dead.
Besides, Blair's story is over. Its time for new heroes.
Actually, one of the writers said that Blair was still alive and under Nephilim control. It's in the CIC archives somewhere.

Originally posted by Hoops

Actually, one of the writers said that Blair was still alive and under Nephilim control. It's in the CIC archives somewhere.

Er...

The closest I've ever seen to that idea is that there is fan fiction speculation to that extent. And seriously, such a view would be absolutely preposterous. The gate destruction cut scene makes a few things clear.

1.) Blair was attacked by a Nephilim inside the tower just as the gate exploded.
2.) While the gate may exist on both the Kilrah and the Nephilim sides of the worm hole, the physical structure that was on the Kilrah side of the wormhole remained on the Kilrah side (albeit wrecked) after the explosion.
3.) Blair's craft is visible from the tunnel where he was attacked.

From this we can gather a few things. First of all, even if he survived the explosion of the tower, the Nephilim probably killed him (at the very least, having it land on him would quite possibly do the trick, and if it didn't, he's probably got a few broken bones - that was a big Nephilim). Second is that from the presence of Blair's craft, we can infer that he is on the Kilrah side of the wormhole (and we don't even know if there is a physical structure on the Nephilim side of the wormhole). Third is that everything that was on the Kilrah side of the wormhole before the explosion was still in the Kilrah system after the wormhole collapsed. Whatever is left of Blair is still in the Kilrah system, which is Confed controlled.
i.e. While it is conceivable that Blair somehow survived both the Nephilim and the explosion, he is still in Confed space, and thus NOT under Nephilim control.
About the only way I can see that he could be under Nephilim control would be if the Dula VII raid only retrieved a clone of Blair, and not the real deal - and quite frankly, there's no evidence to suggest that.

Saying that he´s dead just because it´s "probable" is also speculation. We could also speculate that the bugs would have some Star Trek-type transporter and the bug called for "the beam" (just like the Klingon in ST3) seconds before the explosion and saved his life and Blair´s life. And then maybe they ´assimilated´ Blair and turned him into a half-Nephilim-half-Luke-Locutus-thing :D

The only truth about Blair´s death now is: We will never know until they make a new game, they might come up with a totally unusual solution... or not.

that seems a little faulty.
u say that the device is in both places at once, but as we saw his fighter, that means he can only be in confed space. since his fighter is in the device, wouldn't it be in both places as well? not that this has anything to do with Blair going MIA.

Originally posted by Happy
that seems a little faulty.
u say that the device is in both places at once, but as we saw his fighter, that means he can only be in confed space. since his fighter is in the device, wouldn't it be in both places as well? not that this has anything to do with Blair going MIA.

First off, we don't even know if the device has a physical form on the far side of the wormhole. However, that is a possibility, so...

Blair had to enter the hanger from the Kilrah side. Stands to reason that as a result, the hanger is close to where he entered, and physically represented on the Kilrah side. Furthermore, when the gate blew up and collapsed the wormhole, I don't recall seeing any elements of the tower disappearing. As a result, we can infer that everything that was physically present on the Kilrah side of the wormhole remained on the Kilrah side of the wormhole.
Hanger on Kilrah side + Blair very close to hanger when gate blew up = Blair on Kilrah side when hanger blew up = Blair in Confed space = Blair not under Nephilim control post-wormhole collapse.

No, we never saw Blair die "on-screen". The evidence of his death is strictly circumstantial. So it is entirely possible that he could turn up in a later point in the WC continuity, which is a point that my prior post makes clear. However, given what we know of WC technology, and the physical constraints of the human body, the chances of his survival are pretty minute.

Originally posted by junior
Furthermore, when the gate blew up and collapsed the wormhole, I don't recall seeing any elements of the tower disappearing.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time that you actually watched Prophecy's endgame?

Originally posted by WildWeasel

Out of curiosity, when was the last time that you actually watched Prophecy's endgame?

A few months back. IIRC, the ship is coming through, the wormhole goes *boom*, the "prongs" on the Nephilim ship are severed, and debris goes outward and away from the gate. The camera tracks one particular tower that flies directly toward the camera, and appears largely intact.

Now if I'm mistaken, and you distinctly remember debris going into the wormhole, by all means, correct me.

I was just asking a question. However, you seem to be pretty deeply involved in your argument for a person who's unsure about all the details.

Everything that goes on inside the tower I'm 100% on. And I've already posited that the moment that Nephilim hits the ground, chances are the Blair is dead. Its a big bug, after all. Even if he somehow managed to snipe it while it was falling, the impact would probably break an awful lot of bones.
With regards to what's happening in space, I'm fairly certain my comments are accurate, but that just puts me at about 95% certainty. I may rewatch it again within the next day or two just to verify.

Originally posted by Happy
boy we really are nerds, argueing unknown hypatheticals, that in the end really mean nothing.

"...it is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

--Wm. "Wild Bill" Shakespeare

Back