Following on from the news about progressing Linux support, eddieb has released news of what upgrades Flight Commander with receive in its upcoming 1.1 patch. There are a lot of changes to the game and the engine which will make things look a lot prettier. Here are some of my favorite additions:
You can view the complete list of changes as well as comment in this thread.
- Dynamic lighting
- Comm videos, including new status comms, and a reworked comm menu.
- Cool new cutscenes for takeoff, landing, and eject
- Turrets (no AI just yet)
- Cockpit improvements (ITTS, More transparency, New color scheme)
- Missile exhaust and more missile sounds
- Can import more graphic files, include jpegs and transparent pngs.
- Many more capships available.