WC Uprez Unity3d Doodle! (Heavy GIF Use, Mobile Users Beware!)

Weekend work on the Dralthi cockpit - Still WIP but the vast majority of the base is there!
dralthicockpit01.png

Dralthi_Front.png

magnificent. this is what a true remake should look like: careful re-creation of how the original game felt when we played it as 13-year old kids. I haven't been this delighted and filled with anticipation for a WC-adjacent game since... I don't know, since waiting for Privateer 2? (that, albeit a great and fun game, turned out to be less of a sequel to Privateer than Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is :)

Amazing work Howie! The damage in the cockpit is absolutly fantastic. Have you thought about doing some sort of localized damage on the outside of a ship? I'd imagine that would be a crap ton of work though.

Not currently. I got it to a good stopping point, been working myself to exhaustion over RGO trying to improve it for the console and Steam releases... and I got distracted by something else. I do fully intend to jump back on this, but I'm going to need some palette cleansing first. :D
EIDyJDjUUAAD_oL.png

I wonder if this "something else" (that's progressing beautifully, BTW :) ) couldn't contribute to the cutscenes and story interactions

I am really, really sorry for necrobumping this, but I just have to archive my appreciation for this here.

This is hands down the most interesting, faithful and awesome looking WC fanproject ever, at least in my universe. The amount of detail the cockpits and fighters now show looks incredible, and more importantly still "oldschool pixelart-y" even though they are supposedly straight renders. The additional damage in the cockpits looks amazing as well, as do the now moving legs and left arm. Makes you wonder how amazing the cutscenes would look.

This is a dream come true for me and I really, really hope Howie continues this one day. As mentioned above, take your time, this is probably my favourite WC project ever. Howie, if you need help of any kind, don't hesitate to ask.

So here's where I ended up with the helmets - some more added detail, a hint of glass, a bit higher-contrast callsign text.I think I'm gonna add some stickers/decals, I love the Star Wars helmets too damn much. :D Might be as simple as a Confed roundel all the way up to some B/Y checkerboarding.
Annnyhow, here's the latest!
Chef_Cockpit2.png

Angel_Cockpit.png

Conan_Cockpit.png

Hunter_Cockpit.png

Enjoy!

Back