this game, WC Saga, and the truth

Mostly, you show up whenever anyone mentions you to remind us all that you joined the military at some point.

psych's post would be great if he replaced "military" with "Saga Team", and "Navy" with "Freespace Fans"

Wow, so not only do you constantly remind us you joined up and went to BUDS, you talk shit about the rest of the military? Thats fucking amazing.

Lt.Death100 said:
When you think about it, this entire world could be a figment of someone's imagination.

I hear that a lot, but wouldn't it only make sense to say that it could be a figment of my imagination?

Until this week I had no interest in the Saga project whatsoever because I assumed it would mean having to by Freespace 2, although now I know it's going to be available as a standalone download you don't need any other game for (beat that Standoff & UE) and having seen the quality of the Graphics, I am very impressed.

Someone mentioned the making this mod's taken more time than the rest of the K-War games combined, if that's the case I salute their dedication. Chris Roberts & co were professional game designers, whereas these people are are amateur enthusiasts who are trying to make this mod in their own time, for no money and betwen uni & jobs, so hats off to the Saga team. And if you think about it, what with work & uni etc they probably havn't spent quite as many manhours.

No offence intended to Standoff and UE team, admire their their work.
Psych's thing about Fleaballs saying he was a turd? Yeah ok it kinda immature but iwas also kinda clever and, unlike fleaball's post demonstrates he is capable of some form of creativity atleast some of us can enjoy.

Fleaballs? If you think the Saga team are doing such a piss poor job of making a mod, why don't you do you're own? Or maybe suggest something constructed instead of whining like a six year old standing in the queue for a rollercoaster.

A.Non said:
Until this week I had no interest in the Saga project whatsoever because I assumed it would mean having to by Freespace 2, although now I know it's going to be available as a standalone download you don't need any other game for (beat that Standoff & UE)[...]
I don't undertsand what you mean, UE and Standoff are mods to Secret Ops, wich is a free and easy download.

A.Non said:
Or maybe suggest something constructed instead of whining like a six year old standing in the queue for a rollercoaster.

Pot, kettle and matching silverware set.

Come off it. I don't go to your house and shit in the corners of your living room - so don't come here and hurl bullshit at our digital walls. If you want to dislike people at the CZ, then do it in your own house - we give you that same respect, don't we? Why do you have to be a nose-upturned hooligan and act stupid on our bandwidth?

Heres the truth. Its a bitter pill and I dislike wording it like this - but I'm afraid it's the only way I can say it - "You need us - not the other way around."

See, while the CZ and CIC may not be the be all and end all of WC fandom, it certainly is the focalpoint of it. All roads (for Wing Commander) lead to this website and you do yourselves a lot more harm than good by trolling us. Thats like throwing your trash into your street - your neighbors will not like you for it. Even if you do make an exceptionally good game - and I will admit to being impressed by the graphic quality of what you've shown us - it by no means gives you free reign to come here and act like a jerk.

Stop it. Tell your secret society of jerks to stop it. Tell Tolwyn and his underlings that it's tiresome and silly and got old years ago.

Dyret said:
Nope, the world is too crazy for that.
It could be just a crazy guy but we're getting off-topic. Lehah I agree with you on WCS they need to get out of their secret community and stop being jerks.

let me get this straight, a bunch of fans decide to spend their free time making a free game based on a long dead franchise. Instead of support they get abuse and negative vibes. If it takes twenty years to finish, so what? Its cost you precisely nothing. Get over yourselves with this fanboy abuse.

If they decide to have their own private forums then thats great - good luck to them. This game is their baby and nobody elses. No wonder none of the creators of wing commander post on this site...

Good luck with the project lads

stephen said:
let me get this straight, a bunch of fans decide to spend their free time making a free game based on a long dead franchise.

The fact that you own a fruit stand does not give you the right to throw rotten produce at people that refuse to buy it.

Also: I think the fact that the CIC is able to update it's news section on a daily basis for over a year proves that the franchise is anything but dead.

stephen said:
Get over yourselves with this fanboy abuse.

Kindly, stay in your own yard to yell obscenities at your neighbors.

stephen said:
This game is their baby and nobody elses.

To cut off their nose to spite their face. Saga maybe theirs but Wing Commander is for everyone.

stephen said:
No wonder none of the creators of wing commander post on this site

Yeah, good thing we've never heard from Chris Roberts, Erin Roberts, Dave Govett, George Sanger, George Oldziey, Adam Foshko, Tom Wilson and many others involved in the series.

Oh, wait, we've had contact with all those people repeatedly over the last 5 years.

I still think you were just flame bating to get attention. What the hell is your problem with Psych anyway?

... and what's up with *you* and Psych? I bet Psych would be the first person to be creeped out by the fact that he has a weird little chat zone fanboy.

Someone mentioned the making this mod's taken more time than the rest of the K-War games combined, if that's the case I salute their dedication. Chris Roberts & co were professional game designers, whereas these people are are amateur enthusiasts who are trying to make this mod in their own time, for no money and betwen uni & jobs, so hats off to the Saga team. And if you think about it, what with work & uni etc they probably havn't spent quite as many manhours.

Yes, someone spewed that same crap at the start of the thread... and the fact remains that it doesn't make anyone special -- the Standoff team, the CIC staff, everyone rendering movies and writing fanfiction and so forth *all* have lives.

Psych's thing about Fleaballs saying he was a turd? Yeah ok it kinda immature but iwas also kinda clever and, unlike fleaball's post demonstrates he is capable of some form of creativity atleast some of us can enjoy.

That's the worst thing I've ever heard. Psych and I go way back, but calling someone a name and arguing no point whatsoever is about as far from clever as you can get.

If they decide to have their own private forums then thats great - good luck to them. This game is their baby and nobody elses. No wonder none of the creators of wing commander post on this site...

What an odd thing to say. Ignoring the fact that it's invalid on its face (since several former Origin guys post here and the community clearly interacts with many others), it's a bizarre demand. People being jerks about Star Wars? No wonder George Lucas doesn't post here! People arguing about politics? No wonder President Bush doesn't post here! It's just a strange, strange, strange thing to say.

Bandit LOAF said:
... and what's up with *you* and Psych? I bet Psych would be the first person to be creeped out by the fact that he has a weird little chat zone fanboy.

Do I seem like one? Psych's called half of the members turd or assclown at some point, I'ts just silly to take it personal. That doesn't mean that I think Psych is some kind of god with the right to insult prople at wil.:p

Do I seem like one? Psych's called half of the members turd or assclown at some point, I'ts just silly to take it personal. That doesn't mean that I think Psych is some kind of god with the right to insult prople at wil.

Yeah, you do come off that way -- like someone who shows up to idolize Psych whenever he calls someone names. There's reasons to like Psych, but that isn't one of them. It's something he *gets away* with *because* of his service to other things like Saga and Fleet Tactics and the Aces Club... it's not the reason he's great.

Yeah, A Non, it's always great when someone insults your post without actually reading everything first. I don't think that Saga is doing "a piss poor job" as YOU put it, in fact the videos and screenshots that they've put out look really amazing. I expressed disappointment because some people have be waiting for years for this game, and so if it's not going to be finished I thought we had a right to know.

And psych calling me a turd strikes you as both "entertaining" and "creative"? I'm glad that you're so dumb and so easily entertained. Save your insults for the folks, like yourself, who add nothing to the forums but their stupid insults and innane observations and waste all of our lives.

There are so many really intelligent folks that post on these forums that it is a huge disservice to post without reading the preceding entries, or knowing what's going on. A lot of intelligent debate goes on, and while there is plenty of room for funny quips and witty comments, writing dumb shit just invites other idiots to post more dumb shit. Hey Psych, keep that in mind, 'cuz the next time you talk shit about someone, it might be your fault the person posted in the first place.

Bandit LOAF said:
Yeah, you do come off that way -- like someone who shows up to idolize Psych whenever he calls someone names.

Oh, i didn't realize that. I won't comment on any "incidents" like this in the future then.:)

FreeBalls said:
Hey Psych, keep that in mind, 'cuz the next time you talk shit about someone, it might be your fault the person posted in the first place.

Ooooo, I'm soooooo scared. Bring it.

Remember what you and I had an understanding about psych?

(Not to say that the guy didn't deserve a come back, per se)

Back