Squadron Patches

It's not about what you have... it's about how
much copper wire you can get out of the building with. (G)

Seriously, though, being a WC fan has nothing to do with owning stuff (well, I guess you should own at least one WC game)... I've had some lucky breaks, and I've wasted lots of money collecting crap -- but it doesn't make me a better fan than you... just one with less money :)

hehe...maybe you are right...Everyone here calls me crazy about WingCommander cause I buy stuff I already have again and again and again (I got some Wc`s more than 2 times original and in more than 1 formats heh :p ).I should meet you to them,so they ll see a more crazy man about WC than I am :D

TCSTigersClaw said:
hehe...maybe you are right...Everyone here calls me crazy about WingCommander cause I buy stuff I already have again and again and again (I got some Wc`s more than 2 times original and in more than 1 formats heh :p ).I should meet you to them,so they ll see a more crazy man about WC than I am :D

Heh, I gotta warn you... getting called crazy for buying stuff again and again was how I started! It's taken many years, but I think my family and friends have learned to stop complaining (G)

Well someone run up the bidding so I know I can't afford this stuff and won't even bother trying...

Well, there goes my eBay-cash -- spent $150 last night:/

But I got...

THE ORIGIN SOUNDTRACK VOL. I!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!!!

I've been looking for it for more than a decade now.

Wooo! LOAF LOAF LOAF! WOOO!

So to answer my question, does the Origin soundtrack have a rear inlay?

No CD yet -- maybe today!

After action report on the patches: a whole bunch of people bid at the last minute, which I sure as heck didn't expect. Glad Johnny got a bunch of money, though. (I won the Prophecy patches! I swear this is the last money I spend till DragonCon!).

Benjamin said:
Ooooh, that would be super. Thanks

Heyo -- good news, no back insert... just another copy of the 'front' insert, stuck in the back arranged so you can see the track list.

Bandit LOAF said:
No CD yet -- maybe today!

After action report on the patches: a whole bunch of people bid at the last minute, which I sure as heck didn't expect. Glad Johnny got a bunch of money, though. (I won the Prophecy patches! I swear this is the last money I spend till DragonCon!).

It was worse on the WC IV patches - one second it was $50, the next it was $130. It closed at $162-ish... ick. I think the Prophecy ones were way cheaper!

Bandit LOAF said:
Heyo -- good news, no back insert... just another copy of the 'front' insert, stuck in the back arranged so you can see the track list.

Cool. I'm pretty sure mine never had 2 front inlays, yours must have acquired an extra one at some point. But it is good to know that my rare Origin treasure is complete! Its just a shame that the CD is scratched....Oh well, I'll have to find a safe place to keep it now.

I was thinking of buying a fire safe for mine and my hat (G) (Okay, I just want to be like Joe...).

Out of curiosity, where did you get yours? That makes three that we know of existing... one came from China and one came from California...

Mine came free with Wing Commander 2 when my dad bought it here in the UK all those years ago. I dont remember where he bought it from though, weather it was a large chain store doing an offer or something.

How many soundtrack volumes are there? I suppose the others are just as hard to find....

Benjamin said:
Mine came free with Wing Commander 2 when my dad bought it here in the UK all those years ago. I dont remember where he bought it from though, weather it was a large chain store doing an offer or something.

How many soundtrack volumes are there? I suppose the others are just as hard to find....

Hmm, that's very very interesting!

There are two other soundtracks...

- Volume 2 contains music from Ultima VII and Strike Commander. It's "semi rare" -- you can find it on eBay every once in a while. It was sold directly from EA as a result of a joke in U7 that went horribly wrong.

- Volume 3 is very common -- it came with the Premiere and Sam's Club editions of Wing Commander III... meaning that there's exactly 12,500 copies out there (G) It has music from Ultima VIII, WC3, SWC, Pacific Strike and... a few other things, maybe.

Bandit LOAF said:
Hmm, that's very very interesting!

There are two other soundtracks...

- Volume 2 contains music from Ultima VII and Strike Commander. It's "semi rare" -- you can find it on eBay every once in a while. It was sold directly from EA as a result of a joke in U7 that went horribly wrong.

you certainly can

Why was it the result of a joke gone wrong?

Back