Sound in space

Who would be so stupid going on a head-on assault on a Grikath or Jalkehi? Even in a Rapier you fry first. This is no Epee-special fact. <g>

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I am sorry but I just have to say it: the Hellcat is NOT well-balanced. She is just useless.
And the Vampire is not well-balanced too IMHO, she is just short of perfect. :)

Du sprichst weise...

The biggest trash I've ever flown was the Hellcat, indeed. While the Thunderbolt was a Win/Win craft (good against fighters AND Capships), the Hellcat was a Lose/Lose craft...

The Vampire was great indeed, but I still found it well balanced when playing on Nightmare, but only then.

Who would be so stupid going on a head-on assault on a Grikath or Jalkehi? Even in a Rapier you fry first. This is no Epee-special fact. <g>

As it's not even a fact at all, using the drakhai patch on wca to get an intel 5 Jalkehi, a ferret can win a head on assault, an epee can win a head on assault and a rapier can certianly win a head on assault.

Originally posted by mpanty
The day I see that, the Kilrathi will have learned to fly ... :)

This "I SI A KILRATI!!! NO YOU ARE SUCK!!!!" thing is getting dumb, people...

Wait, it started out dumb. <G>

Originally posted by Dekkar
(...) an Epee can win a head on assault (...)
The day I see that, the Kilrathi will have learned to fly ... :)

Well you never play Chicken with a Jahlthi, do you? And in a Tie Fighter it is a BAD idea to attack a Y-Wing heads on, so why even try to make a head on assault in an Epee? Just use its great maneuverability and attack from the side, and stay out of range... Works always.

Originally posted by Sonntag
Just use its great maneuverability and attack from the side, and stay out of range... Works always.
Ehm... if you have two other Jalkehis on your back bombarding you with particles, it just makes it a TEENY WEENY bit harder... :rolleyes:

BTW, did you forget the Jalkehis have a TURRET? So even if you attack from the sides, there'll be a moment when their BACKS will be facing you, and then <zap> <zap> <zap> the neutron... :(

Ah, this reminds me. LOAF, a few months ago I was able to extract in-game data about guns in WC2. Would you be interested?

Anyway, the Mass Driver is actually inferior to the Particle Cannon:

Code:
		Damage	Speed	Range	Energy
Mass Driver	30	120	25	9
Particle Gun	51	220	30	9

Damage - millimetres.
Speed - multiply by 10 to get klicks.
Range - multiply by 100 to get metres.
Energy - God knows :).
And of course, there's no refire rate in WC2. So, the Particle Gun fires faster "bullets", which have a longer range and do 2.1 centimetres more damage.

Urmmm...Particle cannons weaker than Mass drivers?....Thats kinda hard to absorb since data sheets say otherwise. But then again, find a data sheet that doesnt have some error or conflicts with something else!! But I do have this inquery, if the Particle cannons in question are weaker than the Mass drivers, would those be like very early type guns, hence they are weaker than the Mass driver maybe?

RFB

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Yes, particle cannons are weaker than mass drivers.
Funny LOAF... ;)

Joan's Fighting Spacecraft (or some other paper) even says that the Particles have the punch of the Neutron, and the range of the Laser...

And from Quarto's stats, there shouldn't be any more doubts... :)

Originally posted by Sonntag

BTW, did you forget the Jalkehis have a TURRET? So even if you attack from the sides, there'll be a moment when their BACKS will be facing you, and then <zap> <zap> <zap> the neutron... :(

Just use your Burners so that you don't get hit...

Well it has been some time since I've played WC2 for the last time, but I remember I was killed by the Turrets sometimes when flying a Rapier, but it almost never happened to me in an Epee...

So I just liked it...

Sonntag, I just have to agree with you all along. Hellcat crap, TBolt good and Epee good enough for a Jalkehi. The Jalkehi turned so slowly that you can rip her open on the side before she completed turning.

Sonntag, I just have to agree with you all along. Hellcat crap, TBolt good and Epee good enough for a Jalkehi. The Jalkehi turned so slowly that you can rip her open on the side before she completed turning.

C'est correct oder so ähnlich :)

Yes as long as I dont have to fight Gothris, I'd´fly the Epee all the time

Hmm, let's stick to English OK ;)

Gothris were a pain in the ass that's true.And I wouldn't fly an Epee all the time. if I had the choice between an Epee and a Rapier, I would stick with the Rapier. <in Nostalgie schwärm>

Back