Promotions in the WC Universe

If he does not want to, thats his fu*king problem... :)
My job in a bomber is to blow up the capship... if the fighter doesn't want to get near me, his carrier's gonna blow... :p

I found the ABs on the Morningstar very useful on Torpedo runs. It sped things up, that's for sure.
Without ABs you cannot intercept any enemy which is trying to reach YOUR carrier. And even a Jalkehi can stand out of your range and blow you to bits with its Lasers and particles.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-08-2001 at 17:16]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I found the ABs on the Morningstar very useful on Torpedo runs. It sped things up, that's for sure.
Without ABs you cannot intercept any enemy which is trying to reach YOUR carrier. And even a Jalkehi can stand out of your range and blow you to bits with its lasers and particles.
Ehm... you see: NO!
Firstly, you barely have to do any torpedo runs in a Morningstar, because the Mace usually takes care of the problem before you need to (except for that SO2 mission against two Fralthras...)
But yes, AB on torpedo runs is very effective (especially with Sabres)... Don't crash into your target however, or overtake your torpedo... that's even more dumb... ;)

And for the Jalkehi part.
Firstly, Kilrathi pilots is WC2 (I'm talking about the game here, not "real" Kilrathis like you, before you get all excited <g> ) are not intelligent enough to stay out of range from your guns by exploiting their superior gun range: no enemy fighter (nor your wingmen) do that.
Secondly, the Broadsword's heavy shields are more than enough to sustain a few particle and laser cannon blasts, and during that time, its mass drivers have already blown the Jalkehi to pieces... :)

[Edited by mpanty on 04-08-2001 at 17:26]

Of course, in the game the enemy always closes on you, I should have written "theoratically" before that Jalkehi example. But your Mass Drivers could not blow that ship to bits because it is OUT OF RANGE (theoratically).
And in WCA, I made many missions whith Torpedo runs in a Morningstar.
Imagine having a Mace, but no ABs, now that would be annoying. :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt

Imagine having a Mace, but no ABs, now that would be annoying. :)
Why's that? For fear that the capship might blow up the Mace?
I usually fired my Mace even at 10,000 clicks away... never got blown up... must be faster than torpedoes I guess... :)

I always closed onto the target so that my Mace could not miss (the Ralatha is moving fast in WCA) but that meant if I was not fast enough away I was cought in the nuclear blast and half of my rear armour was gone (as well as my ability to produce babies, due to extreme radiation :D ).

Oh wait... the Mace is a fire-and-forget weapon?

I thought it had a lock... :D

Boy, was I LUCKY in hitting those Fralthras then... ;)

LOL! :D
You must have as muchz luck as Maniac. Try hitting a moving Ralatha in WCA from 10,000klicks away, that should prove more of a challenge.

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-08-2001 at 17:48]

Eh eh... even if you tried, NO WAY you can make two Ralathas collide in WC2... simply because there is NO MISSION where you encounter two Ralathas... :D
(maybe two Fralthras then? :))

[Edited by mpanty on 04-08-2001 at 18:05]

NEIN, VERFLIXT UND ZUGENÄHT! I am talking about WCA[/i], Wing Commander Academy. There you can build missions with up to four Ralathas and you flying a Morningstar.

VERDAMMT NOCHMAL!
I was talking about Maniac's move that Paladin tells you about (that he made two Ralathas collide)...

But maybe that's possible in WCA... :p

[Edited by mpanty on 04-08-2001 at 18:06]

As far as I can tell it's not possible in WCA, you can fly around them and in between four of them in a ferret until you run out of afterburn , and they don't seem to crash into each other.

Although in WC1... it was possible to make enemy fighters fire and crash onto their own capital ships... :)

How do you think I blew up that Ralari in the second SM1 mission?..
Used all the manoeuvrability my Hornet gave me, and constantly put the Ralari between me and the Grathas... a dumbfire finished the job... :cool:

Well not only... it gets the job done considerably faster...
Remember that the Ralari jumps out after a while, so time is of the essence... :)

Back