NOOOOOOO!

D3D

Some cards run Prophecy just fine in D3D. I upgraded from a Banshee based card to a Diamond Viper II, and it looks better with the new card than the Banshee, apart from the lack of fog in D3D. If you're looking for a cheap upgrade, the Viper II is a good choice...almost Geforce performance at half the price, and great for Prophecy.

Ha you voodo freaks still think your 3d card is slow naaii
taste this
P166
Elsa Erazor 1 riva 128 4mb that is even slower than a voodo1!

So? I have a P166 too, plus for the longest time I only had an S3 Virge! So EAT THAT!!! :)

Reminds me of my grandpa 486DX 66 with the Cirrus Logic 5428 on board video circuits. 1 meg! It ran WC I and II just fine! Still does!! :D

RFB

When i bought the WCP i have a p166 with 32mb and a Voodoo Rush, a ISA sound device but the games run very good

Originally posted by Quarto
Mpanty, a few pointless posts are fine, but don't you think you've been a bit too pointless lately?
I agree... I'll try to cut down on that...
It's mpanty, BTW... :p
Originally posted by Meson
What's the point to Mpanty anyway?
Why... the point to mpanty is to bring joy and happiness to the CIC...
And occasionally provide some sound statements about culture, WC novels... and games... ;)
That's how important mpanty's work at the CIC is...
Of course, I can be replaced any time... <G>

Pfff...

Originally posted by RFBurns
Reminds me of my grandpa 486DX 66 with the Cirrus Logic 5428 on board video circuits. 1 meg!
Sounds like the 486DX4 100 I have. Plus if the P166 I use can run WCP with a cruddy 4MB video card, no one should be complaining that they can't get any WC game to run. :)

Reminds me of my grandpa 486DX 66 with the Cirrus Logic 5428 on board video circuits. 1 meg! It ran WC I and II just fine! Still does!! :D

RFB

I used a very similar machine to run WC3 and WC4. Had to pay for a ram upgrade to get WC4 to run faster tan 10 FPS, though.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Quarto
Knight, long time no see indeed : ). How've you been?

Right now I feel like I've been run over by a truck that stopped and backed up to make sure he got me :) My sinus' are acting up and being a real pain, runny nose, watery eyes, etc. But 2 days ago I was fine.

But all in all i'm doing alright. :)

The computer industry is growing so fast, todays new PC's are outdated 6 months later. RFB

Did you notice that during the old good time, you had to possess an up to date PC. I mean when WC2 came out I had to run it on a 386DX25 with at least 4MB of extra ram and a Sound Blaster :) . It was very expensive. The same thing when I bought Ultima Underworld.
Now, fortunatly, no game requires a P4 1.5GHz with a Geforce2 Ultra.
I find that funny !

That's cause we don't have Origin around upping the specs -- they were notorious for creating games you *had* to upgrade for, since you *had* to play them...:) They fought to the last, with Ultima IX... but it was given to a generation who was no longer interested in the technical aspect of gaming.

Originally posted by Sadic
Did you notice that during the old good time, you had to possess an up to date PC. I mean when WC2 came out I had to run it on a 386DX25 with at least 4MB of extra ram and a Sound Blaster :) . It was very expensive. The same thing when I bought Ultima Underworld.
Now, fortunatly, no game requires a P4 1.5GHz with a Geforce2 Ultra.
I find that funny !

True, but just wait a couple of months when new games do come out meant for the ME os and would need the speed of that P4 1.5Ghz cpu. It will happen.

RFB

Originally posted by Wedge009
Still, it's good to see you here. I remember you from my first days here.

Jeez...you make me feel old :) I think this is going into my 3-4th year of visiting the CIC. maybe more. Seems so short, yet so fulfilling, yet so...pointless :) I've been trying to make it a routine of coming in once in a while to check on stuff (see what changes have been made, etc) but I'm thinking about coming back as a regular.

Back