NOOOOOOO!

Originally posted by LividLiquid
Not that I can run the game, but it plays in Software mode. That's all I'm saying.

About the Flight Commander game? How do you get it to run in software mode?

RFB

I never got the option to run it in anything else. I'm really only ASSuming that it's running in Software. I've never even gotten to spaceflight. I get a stack dump when I click fly mission.

Well at least you get to a menu! I hope they intend to take in all the bug reports and correct the problems. It almost seems like this beta is meant for the makers machine and nothing else. Hope they fix it. As someone stated earlier in the thread, theres no way I will downgrade or replace my perfectly working vid card for a fan made game when everything else runs fine!

RFB

Prophecy and SOPS worked great on my P150 with a Voodoo1 with 4MB. :)
And Wedge, remember our discussion about "reticles"? That is one of the differences ;)
With Glide you get functioning reticles, with D3D not.

What are you talking about? I've got D3D, and I've never noticed the lack of any reticles. I've got the big bullseye, and the little ITTS diamond - is there supposed to be anything else?

Strange. When I use D3D I get no reticle when I use the Stormfire and when I use the Tigershark's Charging Mass I only get half of a crosshair. Plus the white NAV cross isn't showing on the viewport if I maneuver my ship according to the radar so that it should be in front of me. I posted a question about that in the Technical forum and there it seems that Wedge experienced the same problem.

Must be something to do with your particular card - it's not a problem all D3D users face, I can assure you.

The reticle thing is a problem of the TNT family of cards i have the TNT2 and the reticle looks really bad.

Originally posted by Quarto
Must be something to do with your particular card - it's not a problem all D3D users face, I can assure you.
That's what I thought - I've just got a cheap SiS card.

Veteran Returns (temporarily anyway)

Originally posted by Wedge009
Originally posted by LividLiquid
Prophecy and Secret Ops look BEAUTIFUL in Glide
What's the difference compared to D3D? Is it possible to post some screenshots?

I ran in direct 3D when I was running my S3 Trio64 onboard (crap) video. Then I laid down the dough for a, *gasp* PCI Voodoo Banshee which made a WORLD of difference in WCP. Things like Textured Space and lens flares, fog, colored light, and translucency. I dont' know which ones are enabled with a 3dFX card and which will work with any accelerator, I haven't played in *gasp* about 8 months... ( I know I know...) but the 3dFX made it better, I know that much :) BTW, glad to see not much has changed in my recent semi-retirement.

Nothing is cheap these days... but still I can't believe that a computer I would have got for 20,000 Francs 3 years ago (that's about $3,000) I can get for 2,000 Frs. now...

Wonders of technology...

[Edited by mpanty on 04-23-2001 at 17:39]

The computer industry is growing so fast, todays new PC's are outdated 6 months later. Of course, the OS makers are more than happy to oblidge, simply due to the fact they are making the OS's so that you HAVE to buy a new piece of hardware, or face hours upon hours of frustration and anger trying to get the ol workhorse to run that new OS, then get all your well known programs you are used to, to run on that new OS. Look at what happend between win98 and winME, big difference between the two. Not just OS wise, but many of the programs meant to run on the 16/32 OS wont run in ME without the blessings of a 50Lb sledge hammer!

RFB

Yes, that price drop is annoying for those who bought the machine for more money, but pleasant for those who haven't. :)

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Yes, that price drop is annoying for those who bought the machine for more money, but pleasant for those who haven't. :)
Wow... the wise Kilrathi has spoken... ;)

Mpanty, a few pointless posts are fine, but don't you think you've been a bit too pointless lately? :)

Back