NOOOOOOO!

LividLiquid

Rear Admiral
The only fan project I've cared about for the longest time was Flight Commander. Is there ANY way I can get it to work on a Voodoo 5? Anybody? Any success stories?

Boy do I need to catch up!! The machine I mostly use to play WCIV and Prophecy/SO has a Voodoo 2! Talk about behind the times!! :D

RFB

Bah, I've got an original Canopus Pure3D Voodoo card (6 megs -- at the time I got it, that was three times as much memory as my actual video card:)) -- and I won't give it up... you can't play the Prophecy 3Dfx test mission with anything else!

I hope it does for me. Im going to test it tonight. If all goes well I will post results. (if you see a mushroom cloud and hear a big boom, no need for posting results!) :D

RFB

Agreed!! Probably the main reason why I usually dont tear apart a perfectly working machine, but instead just build a new one..

Originally posted by LividLiquid
But can anybody run Flight Commander?

All I get is a black screen with music playing. Too bad, from the description, it sounds like a really good fan made game.

RFB

QUOTE]Originally posted by Zor Prime
Supposedly Voodoo 6 is about too come out too! [/QUOTE]

Even though 3dfx went kaput?(?)

And hey, Royal_Marine, I still use my old Voodoo2 8 meg! That and my (mostly) faithful 166 with 33.6 i-net connection...and I don't see a change anytime soon...hey, at least it runs WC! :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Bah, I've got an original Canopus Pure3D Voodoo card (6 megs -- at the time I got it, that was three times as much memory as my actual video card:)) -- and I won't give it up... you can't play the Prophecy 3Dfx test mission with anything else!

Hum I never really thought about that, so if I replaced my banshee, I wouldn't be able to play the Prophecy 3Dfx test mission anymore?

Prophecy and Secret Ops look BEAUTIFUL in Glide, and I'm not going to get rid of my five month old $300 VooDoo 5 just to play a fan-made game. I know 3dfx is kaput, but I'm sure lots of people still have voodoo cards, like myself, and would love to play Flight Commander. I know I do.

Originally posted by LividLiquid
Prophecy and Secret Ops look BEAUTIFUL in Glide, and I'm not going to get rid of my five month old $300 VooDoo 5 just to play a fan-made game. I know 3dfx is kaput, but I'm sure lots of people still have voodoo cards, like myself, and would love to play Flight Commander. I know I do.

Perhaps they could fix it so it will run on the older series of voodoo cards. I was very dissapointed when I tried to run that, and all I got was a black screen, music and no way to get out of it except a hard reboot! :mad: I realize its a beta. I sent a nice email explaining what the results were on a 16mb monster fusion card. Maybe they will fix. I shure would like to play the game.

RFB

Back