Maniac killed Robin!

jedi2187

Spaceman
Maniac killed Robin's Parents!

I was watching one of the old Batman:TAS series and one episode was called "Robin's Reckoning", in which the killer of his parents, Tony Zucco, was in Gotham on the loose. Robin finds out but Batman doesn't want him involved.
The voice of Zucco was familiar: sharp and sarcastic, and his behaviour was like a maniac......waaaaaaitaminute.
I waited for the credits to come up and sure enough, that was our boy Tom Wilson!
Some superhero shows have our fave actors in it. The only other one that I could think of was The Flash . Mark Hamill was the Trickster of course, the late,great Bernard Wilson played Nightshade and Vagabond (who's real name escapes me at the moment) played a mobster who gets frozen on the spot in the first five minutes of the episode"Captain Cold" (I'll try to get screen shots of that later).

Yeah...

Mark Hamill is in an awful lot of superhero shows like Spider-Man(1995) the Batman/Superman/Justice League shows produced by Bruce Timm, as well as WC Academy, due his enormous amount of voice overs. Mark played the Joker, Hobgoblin, and Solomon Grundy...

The only other place I noticed other WC actors would have to be Malcolm McDowell's work on Fantasy Island, Tom Wilson's recent work on the short lived TV show Freaks & Geeks, as well as his appearance on NBC's Ed, which I missed but really wanted to catch. Finally, I remember catching an episode of Walker Texas Ranger where the guy who played Vagabond starred as a crime-lord or something. Walker was in its final season I believe and Vagabond got like a total of four minutes of air time...

There is life after Wing Commander, just not much of it for these good actors, especially Malcolm McDowell...

We're all well aware. Tom Wilson has made a solid standing for himself doing voice over, including a reoccuring character on Disney's Gargolyes as Det. Matt Bluestone.

I was watching tour of Duty a couple of days ago and one of the vietnamese merchants on there turned out to be the guy who played Vagabond. He really didnt do much but he did grab one of the main characters and was scared off by that sergeant guy. also, the guy who played Paladin in WC is in Lord of the Rings as Gimli.

the guy?? surely u are not referring to teh great John Rhys Davis??

he was also "the professor" on the first season or two of "sliders" and prolly a whole lot of other stuff.

Wow...

...It turns out that Vagabond(Francois Chau) has been a pretty busy guy...

He was in Lethal Weapon 4, Beverly Hills Ninja (w/Chris Farley), ER, Walker, Walker's spinoff Sons of Thunder and he played "the Shredder" in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2:The Secret of the Ooze, yet he wasn't in the first one...

He needs to talk to his agent...

I also could have sworn I saw Francois Chou on Stargate SG-1 as a Chinese diplomat. He was also on MacGyver once, if I recall correctly. And someone mentioned that he was on Baywatch. I also recall that he was Quick Kick on G.I. Joe, along with the famous Sue Blu.

I just knew it!!! Tom Wilson had to be that guy on Gargoyles!

Hmmm... I found a site with Chau's email address... you think it still works?

AdmiralHuang said:
I also could have sworn I saw Francois Chou on Stargate SG-1 as a Chinese diplomat. He was also on MacGyver once, if I recall correctly. And someone mentioned that he was on Baywatch. I also recall that he was Quick Kick on G.I. Joe, along with the famous Sue Blu.

Yes, he was the Chinese ambassador on Episode 627, "Disclosure".

AdmiralHuang said:
BTW, is he Chinese or something else... maybe from Formosa?

I think he's Vietnamese, given that he was born in Phnom Penh and has a French first name. :D

(Edit: As corrected, he's Cambodian by birth).

That's face it most WC Characters are famous for their voices, since you spend most time in the Cockpit

Most WC character actors get famous for their voices because they can't get work in major productions that have a lot of publicity.

ChanceKell said:
Most WC character actors get famous for their voices because they can't get work in major productions that have a lot of publicity.

that's half-true. Malcolm Mcdowell of course was the "main heavy" in that craptacular, to-heck-with-continuity film Star Trek:Generations, and he was the voice of Metallo for the Superman Adventures on the WB! as well as a professor of an English class on some Rhea Pearlman show on CBS in the late 90's.

WC alumni involved in Star Trek:
Malcolm Mcdowell as Soran in Star Trek Generations
John-Rhys Davies as Leonardo DaVinci in Star Trek Voyager

Tom Wilson as Rick Biessman in Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force

Mark Hamill was in some war movie with Lee Marvin but I didn't catch the name. I could have sworn he was doing his best Blair opposite Marvin's best Major Riceman...I mean talk about crossovers!

Back