Important News

Napoleon

Spaceman
Today March 8, 2001 is the great Gregory "Napoleon"'s 16th birthday. I go to get my driver's permit next week after I have the state mandated 6 hours of profesional instruction. Today is a truely great milestone in the world of the universe.

For he's a jolly good fellow, he's a jolly good fellow, (everybody now!)* FOR HE'S A JOLLY GOOD FEEELOOOWWWWW!!!

* To sung out of tune and out of time :D

6 hours of mandated professional instruction??
In my country it`s 28 hours. Still, lethal traffic accidents in my country are one of the highest in the world (percentige, that is).

oh, and happy B-DAY!!

Don`t do anything I wouldn`t do... ;)

Happy birthday man. And think yourself lucky ... over here we have to be 17 before we can get our license (and thats a somewhat restricted one as well).

Ah how well I remember the days .... :)

Happy Birthday!
And here in Germany you have to be 18 before allowed to drive cars. And much more hours. So feel lucky indeed.
This day will make history! :)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 03-08-2001 at 08:50]

Oh yes happy birthday Napoleon. Another year is gone, but I hope many will follow. Good wishes the 2nd time out of the rainy land-under Germany!

Happy Birthday! :) :)

Enjoy your new license! Be careful, though .. my biggest
accidents were between the ages of 16 and 20. If Thrakhath,
Seether and the bugs couldn't get you, don't let some
suburban mom driving a minivan do it!

Respectfully,

Brian P.

bw_dave, what state do you live in? I mean, we have 'provisional licenses' when we're 17 and we're only meant to do 90kph, but er, no one sticks to that :D

In West Australia we didn't need any mandated hours of training. So long as you passed your practical, you got a license.

Unfortunately for some, that has changed (bloody government). Thank god I'm not 17 anymore :)

Originally posted by Napoleon
Today March 8, 2001 is the great Gregory "Napoleon"'s 16th birthday. Today is a truly great milestone in the world of the universe.

Huh? I thought you were born on an August 15... ;)

You're trying to fool us, huh?! So that you can get gifts twice in the year...

Happy B-Day anyway... :)
After the B-day party, don't forget to take a "Nap"...

Yeah, happy birthday (G) Good luck with the driving test... I was always too lazy to get mine... and I'll be 20 next month...

That is another point why I hate Germany...you get your driver's license with 18!!! I hate that. Three months until my 17th birthday (June 20), but I still have to wait one year. It is quite frustrating to get a pilot's license before getting a driver's license. I mean you can make more wrong in the sky than on the street. It seems to be 'easilier' to fly an airplane than to drive a car...mpanty I have to think of you: 'Germany with its mentality of rules which no one ever understands.':rolleyes:

Happy B-DAY Nap! 16 eh!! Oh my oh my!! I must be the old fart of the group! (36 in July!) :D

RFBurns

[Edited by RFBurns on 03-08-2001 at 12:49]

Thank you all for your good wishes. I shall make a similar thread on May 5, but that one will be for sorrowful mourning over the death of the original Napoleon on May 5 1831

Back