I'm a dad!

Eh, get over yourselves, people. Shipgate made it clear that he was not trying to be offensive, so there's no need for these stupid "ahh, the asshole said babies are ugly!" rants. Last I checked, we have only have rules against people being stupid - not against having their own opinion.

BradMick said:
jesus christ.....dude, crawl back to whatever hell you came from, that was uncalled for. ass....

Jesus yourself, forget your meds today or something? Shipgate has a valid point, I don't recall ever having seen a cute newborn. Doesn't mean we don't like children.

This has got to be the reason things like this should never be posted. This "babies are ugly" drift is funny though. please continue. Actually, that small baby in the pictures reminds me of a little worm type doll I had when I was little, It lit up when you hugged it.

All kidding aside, congrats!

-Rance

Why would we continue to go on about how his kid is ugly when he is just trying to share his pride and joy. I am willing to bet that those poking fun of his kids looks are not parents themselves. Sure most babies may come out looking like Winston Churchhill but from the moment you first hold them, look into their eyes and see them look back at you, you are instantly in love. Nobody hijacked my thread about my son back in August, give the guy a break, he has enough on his hands now as it is.

McGruff said:
Jesus yourself, forget your meds today or something? Shipgate has a valid point, I don't recall ever having seen a cute newborn. Doesn't mean we don't like children.

Yeah, i love babies, but i still think they are ugly as hell. I can't see why that makes me an asshole. :(

Heh heh, I actually got to agree with Shipgate on this one. I have yet to see a "cute" newborn baby. They come out all purply and prune faced...they look a lot more like aliens than humans. Even when my little niece was born (whom I love dearly) I couldn't really say she was cute...I mean, how can you tell? You put one newborn baby next to another newborn baby and I couldn't tell them apart for nothing. Now, flash forward a bit, after a few months when they've started to kinda become self sufficient, then, yes, they're cute. But congratulations Nick on becoming a Father.

Congratulations on the new bub
Im am sure you will teach the little all the things about Wing Commander and keep up with the tradition and all

While babies may or may not be ugly, that doesn't necessarily make it wise or tactful to post to a thread about one of them with "babies are ugly".

If you (generic "you") don't agree with overmortal, you can always move on to another thread. No one is making anyone read or respond to any given post/thread. In fact, this board would quite possibly have a higher collective IQ if more people did just that (instead of the incredibly boring "pay attention to meeeee!!!" that goes on far too regularly on this forum).

That said, congrats on the rugrat, OM.

Contratulations.

About the other things... It's a widely known fact that, the closer someone or something looks like a baby, the cutest it is. People who design cute stuff always have that in mind.

Has anyone else played all the damn way through 1942 only to get a "Congratulation" without even an S on the end?

Back