I'm a dad!

overmortal

Bearded Person
At 9:32 p.m., March 15, 2005, my little girl, Kayla Eden Ingram was born. I don't have any pictures developed yet, but I'll have some here as soon as I can.

I don't know how many of my fellow CZers are fathers (or mothers), but I know that, as I was driving home tonight from the hospital where my gf and my daughter are staying until tomorrow morning, the only words that I could find to describe anything were these:

"I thought I knew what it meant to be alive
Until I saw your precious little eyes
And driving home, apart from you
I know what it means to die"

The story of myself, my gf, and little Kayla is a complicated one, but I've never felt so much love for any one person or thing in all my life. It's truely amazing. Thanks.

Wow, congratulations overmortal!!! Your new baby girl arriving is even better than a new WC release, huh? I myself am not a father, but when my niece was born and during this past first year of her life, I've had a taste of how wonderful that must be. Thanks for sharing the news :D !

I thought you were the sXe guy.

I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Other than that, happy baby day.

Congratulations! I got to experience the same joy just over two years ago. I was (sort of) lucky to have a slow work winter and had a lot of time off at that time. My wife had a hard time and I ended up staying in the hospital with them most of the stay (5 days!). But one day I had to stay at home over night so I could get enough sleep to be able to work the next day... That was killer.

There have been challenging times (usualy due to sleep deprivation) but Its more good than bad as long as you keep on top of it and make sure you stay in tune with your girlfiend.

Bandit LOAF said:
Remember when you joined the army?

Better still - remember the CZ thread I made to tell everyone you were going to the army?

Congratulations, Nick!! May she have a long, happy and healthy life! I´m planning on making one for me :p in 4-5 years from now... depends on how my career goes.

Hey, congratulations! The best day of my life was the day I got married. The second best day of my life was when we welcomed our baby son into our family. It was like I was seeing the world with new eyes again. Everything became exciting and new again, and I couldn't wait to share it with him. Having him has really brought joy into my life, and has even made our marriage stronger.

Parenthood is a wild ride, but it its rewards are unbelievable. Welcome to the club, Overmortal!

Alright you pessimistic assholes (Loaf, LeHah, I'm looking in your direction), here's pictures.

meandkayla1.JPG

meandkayla2.JPG

staciandkayla1.JPG

angrykayla.JPG

For those of you who have offered congratulatoins, thanks. They are greatly accepted. Even the slightly confused ones (former sXe turns boozing dad, etc, blah blah blah)

Enjoy it! It goes by fast!

I really can't believe it's been two years!!!

Meet Micah

Back