Guys, we should reanimate WC !

by the by...

I think it's a pretty good idea, I.Q. It would be neat to play WC2 with decent graphics. Not a bad project for any company taking on the WC license (be it EA or PNR).

it might be possible now, considering that the model's of the fighters from the privious WC's r increasingly availible in the WCP engine. we could use WCP:SO engine to start off.
but we need models, and we need them in the WCP:SO format.
conversions from 3&4 have already been done. so we need WC1&2 models. not a small feat, as there r probable around 100 models to be done.

Yes, reconstructing WC1&2 is no small feat, indeed. Perhaps Chris Roberts should go back and rebuild Wing Commander in the vein of adding longevity to the series, as Capcom is doing with Resident Evil.

Bit-by-bit, mission-by-mission, go back and rebuild everything using current technology. I think that'd be awesome!

Also, with the power of the recent next-gen systems, ports shouldn't be as crappy as they had been. Albeit lack of keyboard will always be a problem (unless, like the PS2, the system can support USB keyboards & mice).

What would really appeal to me is a new set of missions, new storyline etc. with all of the old ships but put into the WCP/SO engine. It could be placed in another corner of the WC universe so it wouldn't conflict with existing storylines. That's why I'm so looking forward to the completion of Unknown Enemy.
If the engine was going to be rewritten some inbuilt support for Win2000 would also be nice.

Ignore Ghost, his IQ isn't much better than mine :p

Doesn't a WC remake exist? Called, oh, SUPER WING COMMANDER? :p

Originally posted by Col.Dom

Oh, Bobbery, don't get me started on S*U*P*E*R Wing Commander :mad:

Call me that one more time and I'll rip your head off and crap down your neck.

Originally posted by Bob McDob

Call me that one more time and I'll rip your head off and crap down your neck.

Oops! Sorry!

Chill out though, dude. It's just a "slick nick'" :rolleyes:

EDIT: If I seriously offended you, I am quite sorry. I didn't think I would end up hurting your feelings or anything.... From now on I will refer to you simply as "Bob." Again, I apologize :eek:

Chris Roberts iirc likes to keep his company(ies) within certain limits, and absolutely hates it when someone like MicroSoft gets ivolved...so he breaks away and forms another company. I can respect that!

We haven't got a huge history of Chris Roberts leaving companies because Microsoft takes them over :)

Back