What's the ratio of male-female WC fans?

Edfilho said:
Videogames in general (PC included) are not nearly as fashionable in here as it is in Europe, for instance.

Videogames are fashionable in Europe ? I must get out more...

Under the terms of the European Union dealy, video games, cabbage and trains are all now considered the same entity.

Shooter said:
Videogames are fashionable in Europe ? I must get out more...

I don't know about Lisboa, last time i've been there was in 1996. But in england they seem to be quite hip.

There are lots and lots of male Wing Commander fans on the internet (in the thousands) and very, very few females (in the dozens).

(Incidentally, back in the early days of the CIC a young woman asked us to put her profile in the fan bios section... and then a day later asked us to take it down because she was getting e-mails from jerkbags. Generally, female WC fans don't make their genders known often.)

Bandit LOAF said:
(Incidentally, back in the early days of the CIC a young woman asked us to put her profile in the fan bios section... and then a day later asked us to take it down because she was getting e-mails from jerkbags.

That's pretty sad....

A pretty girl who can hold her own in a Ferret . . . I wouldn't e-mail her. I'd just show up at her doorstep with a ring.

(That was a joke, btw)

Hahahaha.. this is one of the funniest threads I think I have ever read. Thanks guys (and lets face it, only guys talk about this stuff).

I'm a female (so this will be a long post) who can think of nothing better than an entire day spent in front of the computer with an unlimited supply of pepsi (or coke - depending on what is on special).

I don't know why I like WC, but I do, all of them, and very much. I have clocked WC3 so many times that I can recite the movie bits off by heart. Ive been playing vidgames for as long as I have had a computer. I have gone out with guys who are much like me, and also ones that aren't (i.e. guys not into computer games). I think I can say that whether or not someone likes vidgames is entirely irrelevant to the relationship. If you think it is important to have that in common, then that is your choice. There are as many guys out there who don't give a dang about it as chicks - just that you don't see them much in these places!

Chill guys. If she doesn't like games, it doesn't really matter - do you want to play multiplayer with her and have her beat you anyway (or face her wrath if she loses)??? Just look up from the screen every once in a while and do something else with her. If you like her, you would be willing to do that anyway. If you don't care, why bother??

Food for thought is all. End of rant :)

This is just my opinion, but relationships (just like real life, etc etc) is something you keep to yourself and not around here. Back in high school times (around 1997) when my girlfriend sometimes got on mirc, she would get /msg by losers in the WC community as in the "how do I get girls?!?!?!".

Back