What is with the Nephilim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yess! 300th post! And I just had an odd thought, who said those other wormholes (in the SO fic) had to be destined to Nephilim space? They could be wormholes connected to each other... though why would the Bugs do that? Don't worry, I think I just confused myself.

Richard Bellegand or something along those lines. That was his name.

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I was close
smile.gif

------------------

Well, sending several Cap ships in together just makes it easier for the enemy to go to work on them....provided they know where you're jumping in at.

Sorry, I know that was weak...need more coffee and nicotine......

Easier for the enemy to know where to engage, true, but if it's a big enough fleet, well... the enemy will also need a big fleet to match it. It'll end up in a huge fleet frenzy. Yipee!
smile.gif

NO! I will not let this post die!
smile.gif
Sorry, had to get that out of my system. All better now, well, at least as good as I was before
smile.gif

------------------

Knight: It can't die, it's immortal
smile.gif

Hmm, in a lame attempt to continue the original discussion... well, I was reading Action Stations yesterday (the day before, it was TPOF, and today it's End Run, all thanks to Shane
smile.gif
), and I found conclusive evidence that the Kilrathi Imperial Archives didn't go up with Kilrah. There was also conclusive evidence that the other Clans did not in fact live on Kilrah. Now, if only I could remember why the above-mentioned facts are supposed to be important...
biggrin.gif

I think it had something to do with the fact that there was a lack of info on ancient Kilrah and that most of it went up with the planet. Care to elaborate on your evidence from Action Stations?

I don't think anyone ever said all the clans were on Kilrah...

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Quarto, I agree
smile.gif
Shane's right, we were arguing about the Kilrathi's records at one point or another, because of the not so accurate records of the Nephilim's first visit, at least the fact that there's no conclusive evidence/records of the event (at least to the extent of our "known" knowledge as of SO.

------------------

Sure, I'll elaborate. I just wanted to see if anyone still cared
wink2.gif

Page 2, Action Stations: "Recently declassified documents from the Kilrathi Imperial Archives" - this was written after the War, so we are safe to assume that these documents are not on Kilrah
smile.gif

And as for the Clans...

Page 87-88, Action Stations: "Ever since the leap outward into space, the other clans, and their royal lines, had been dispersed to occupy the new worlds, thus leaving Kilrah solely to the Emperor." [Incidentally, what is it with Forstchen and commas? That sentence is a grammatical disaster
smile.gif
]

Of course, the above doesn't indicate that Confed has access to all the relevant records (keywords, "recently declassified"). The author himself points out that it will take at least a generation before all the records from both Killie and Confed archives are declassified. He, of course, is referring to war records - but I believe it's very likely that the Kilrathi would consider their religious records even more significant (read: even more secret) than the war records.

Quarto, you said you had a theory about the nephilim, didnt you? Did you post it already or not?

Also about the kilrathi records, i agree with you, it wouldnt be smart for the cats to keep their record in just one place
wink2.gif

Its logical that they sent copies to another worlds, as well that the clans wouldnt stay all in the same place too...
wink2.gif

------------------
Well, its classified... i mean, i could tell you, but then i have to kill you...

Yeah, I had a theory, but I think somebody invalidated it before I could post it
biggrin.gif
. At any rate, I can't remember what exactly it was now
smile.gif

I was arguing the clan leaders would have stayed on Kilrah to be closer to the center of power. I had forgotten the information from Action Stations.

[oddball theory]I've always had the impression of the Empire as being very focused on Kilrah, that's why the detsruction of the planet crippled them. I was picturing a scenario where each Clan Leader had a palace on Kilrah and nominal control of a portion of the planet (I think I was influenced by Asimov's Terminus.) Anyhow the sons of the Clan leader woul do their time out in the hinterlands (maybe govenor of a planet, or sector, getting to know what the clan held) but the eldest would eventually return to Kilrah to take over when his father died, stepped down, whatever. This idea also was influenced by End Run and Fleet Action in which it seemed the heads of the clans were always around when the Emperor wanted a meeting. Of course at those times, there was a crisis, so maybe that accounted for their presence. [/oddball theory]

Waiting for the servers I'm experimenting with to reboot so I hopped on for a couple minutes.

Actually, Shane, I was thinking something along those lines too, with the heads of state all living on Kilrah, and governing their own planets from afar, or though "loyal" sons.

------------------
Maestro: "Lighten up Spyder! We're not gonna die! We're gonna WIN!!"

Zero: "Hey, Maestro... Uhh... If you DIE, can we pick through your stuff before we head back to Sol?"

Maestro: "You can burn in Hell."

I don't think the Clan leaders would refuse to come to Kilrah when the Emperor calls a meeting
wink2.gif
. In fact, I'm quite certain they'd be there in a nanosecond... so, that would explain why they were always there when he needed a meeting.

Well, I believe Titan A.E. put it best. If the human race became a star-farring race, then all of a sudden, an alien race came and took out Earth, our race would be crippled. A race without a home is crippled. Bottom line.

------------------

In the WCU there are sooooooooooo many planets that the loss of Earth wouldn't matter that much. It would be a terrible moral blow but there are plenty other major planets. Loosing the shipyards on the moon and any ships in them would be worse from the strategic point of view.

Anyhow, in real life that would obviously be true since there would be nowhere we could run, and the race that blew up the Earth would be much more advanced.

------------------
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions"
and the bodies of those adventurers who get bad advice.

Member of the LMG (Disgruntled Men)

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited September 14, 2000).]

Funny you should mention that, Knight, because that sort of situation has actually happened in the past - though obviously on a different level. Portugal was conquered by the Spanish, but its colonies chose not to recognise the authority of Spain. Indeed, the country of Portugal lived on, with its new capital being in Brasil. They did fairly well, and didn't appear to be crippled at all
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back