Problems? Post them here...

Ah, sorry for the lack of details. This problem occurs in all simulator missions, and I've started replaying the campaign and am 3 missions in with no sign of the music skipping stopping. I have an AMD 64 x2 dual 6000+ with 2GB of RAM and an EVGA Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT. I was using onboard sound on my Asus motherboard but am now using an X-Fi Fatality Headset with its own creative USB drivers.

Thanks again!

So the music looping problem occurs only in the simulator, playing a specific ship or any ship ? We did experience an issue with a specific ship bugging the music during Episode 5's development, maybe another one is causing your issue...

Oh, I had misread your post, I thought your meant it didn't occur in campaign, sorry.

Well, your issue is most likely caused by your audio hardware/drivers, as we never got any report linked to music yet, and we didn't touch the code related to music from WCP/SO. Have you tried WCP and or Secret Ops to see if they have the same issue ?

What mission?

System Specs?

As for the other mission where people can't return home...that's very odd. You should hear Connie announce the Fralatha dead, then trigger talk then stingray talk then the auto light. Are those voiceovers playing?

As for the confed/kil helmets changing...this is something I haven't seen in testing. If possible grab screenshots. If you have any issue in game that a screenshot can show...grab one and post it.

I tested it last night. Connie and Stingray do no talking, auto-light doesn't come on. You're just kinda stuck here. I'd be willing to bet that it's the same for eddieB.

Hmm that is different. I'll add it to our BZ this afternoon. I've seen that happen during testing (when the mission was still missing some things) but not since. It works fine for me now. But we'll still look into it.

Oh, I had misread your post, I thought your meant it didn't occur in campaign, sorry.

Well, your issue is most likely caused by your audio hardware/drivers, as we never got any report linked to music yet, and we didn't touch the code related to music from WCP/SO. Have you tried WCP and or Secret Ops to see if they have the same issue ?

I think I might have this problem too, I'll have to check again.

Hmm that is different. I'll add it to our BZ this afternoon. I've seen that happen during testing (when the mission was still missing some things) but not since. It works fine for me now. But we'll still look into it.
I haven't checked the mission yet (waiting for you to compile all the details into a Bugzilla report ;) ), but I did notice that EddieB mentioned retreating from the target area, rather than completing the mission. That strikes me as noteworthy, it's exactly the kind of detail that we could have overlooked.

New problem cropped up.

In ep 5's winning path, after
saving Concordia from the Fralthra (or rather it saves itself) nothing happens. It's as though a trigger fails to activate and I just float around waiting for something to happen or me to be allowed to autopilot back to base and nothing ever does.

I've already posted about this one and am at my wits end as I can't beat the game with this in place.... I'm trying to reinstall the game now, but I don't harbor high hopes of that fixing it.

I haven't checked the mission yet (waiting for you to compile all the details into a Bugzilla report ;) ), but I did notice that EddieB mentioned retreating from the target area, rather than completing the mission. That strikes me as noteworthy, it's exactly the kind of detail that we could have overlooked.

Quarto, I think I can shed some light on the Connie mission as it seems I was the first to encounter this problem. I did not retreat from the target area 2 of 3 times I managed to blast the carrier, return to base, and then get sent to the concorida. Once the Connie fires the PTC, the Major signals that the enemy ship has been destroyed and then you get two coms from Trigger, first to stand clear, then a second later that it was a beautiful sight. Then thats it. No further coms from the Connie or Stingray. After we cleared out the Kilrathi fighters, I even tried requesting stingray's status and nothing happened at all. This happens regardless of success or failure against the Snakier.

About the mission in question and the failure to autopilot: I tested it again and when I DID NOT retreat from Nav 1, when I destroyed all the fighters and left via the autopilot, the trigger activated as scripted at Nav 2 with all the Concordia and Stingray coms and I was able to finish the mission naturally.

Wow, so THAT'S the glitch with that mission? I got it too, and thought it was just luck when I finally finished. I guess it was luck that they didn't launch more fighters before I could auto.

The following mission on the winning path...I can't keep it running for more than five minutes. My video card drivers are up to date and there's no WAY it's my machine. Any suggestions besides "wait for more patches"?

EddieB, I´ve been checking that mission today and could not reproduce your error...

All the times I played, the Concordia kills the Fralthra and then I autopilot home to end the mission... Does it happen every time you play it?

I think someone already mentioned this:

After finishing (winning path), after the the credits I quit to windows. Then I couldn't get back, it crashed in start. Removing autosave I could start a new game, but switching pilot to the old one still crashed.
Copying a save from the old pilot to a new, loading that and then playing a mission (cutscene actually) finally created a new autosave to the old pilot and got me back.

I'm having a little tiff with the first mission. I'm playing with invul on and as soon as I get to the recon part, Recon the ship. The Firekka's flight OP says "Get out of there!" I then get no Navpoint or anything.

BUG in the Ralatha / Snakeir Strike mission in "Gathering in Warsaw". Apparently random CTDs.

EDIT: Just got to the "lets retreat, mission is FUBAR part". And after restarting, it crashed on me at Nav1 and not a single Broadsword was lost. I am out of ideas here.

EDIT2: More crashes in the Clydescale mission... like before, super random.
Seems like the entire Ep3 is pretty buggy for me:
- no lighting in the intro, even crashes in the intro
- random crashes during the missions

is there any way I can help you with a debug file or something?
Vista SP1, Radeon HD 4870 X2, QuadCore. Crashes seem non related to compatibility setting, playing without one so far, crashes with one too.

I'm having a little tiff with the first mission. I'm playing with invul on and as soon as I get to the recon part, Recon the ship. The Firekka's flight OP says "Get out of there!" I then get no Navpoint or anything.

Hit "N" to bring up the nav point on the HUD.

Problems w/ Enchanced lightening and HDR

I have been playing the new eposide five and the graphics are great but I having problems with the enhanced lightening which turns the hud of my fighter and the other capships to black and the bloom effect is even worse it turns everything black. I have a Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 with 2gb of Ram running windows vista running a Ati Radeon 2600xt memory 256mb with the 9.8 drivers. If there is any to change the setting in the control center to enable one or more of these features to work properly or should I wait for a another patch thanks

Workaround for Crash

Just to let everyone know: I just played through from Episode 2 to 4 without a crash (and everything like HDR, AA etc. on and at full). In the Nvidia Control Panel (right, no idea how to get this workaround going on an ATI, sorry) under Manage 3D Settings there is an Option called "Extension Limit" you want that to be set to on.

Oh and playing has really been a blast! Finally got on with the Story, that hours in the Simulator must have helped... :)

That's good info.

Ugh, I really hate asking this here but searching on google didn't help me out at all. Where is the NVidia Control Panel supposed to be on Vista? I read online that it's supposed to be pretty clearly visible on your desktop but it's not on mine and I can't find the thing...

I've added all the bugs you guys have mentioned into our Bugzilla. So we will continue to work on them in the coming days.

Back