Mark Hamill (lots of topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall Hamill said that when he looked at the script that Maniac was the most fun part. But I believe that he was better as Blair.

overmortal said:
And what happened to that comic book he was doing? I heard a rumor about something like that, but never actually laid eye on it . . . Then again, that might have something to do with me not reading comic books in the past . . oh . . . nine years or so, huh?

"The Black Pearl" which got pretty good reviews. Its about how popularity as a super hero can go to your head and makes out to be more than you actually are. Or something. I've only skimmed it, but it got a page or two of high marks from reknowned writer Peter David.

Hamill wanted to be in WCIII because he wanted to play Maniac, which is the complete opposite of the "straight and narrow" kinda guy he's known for playing. But Roberts bumped into Tom Wilson in a pharmacey and asked him to read for the part. The rest is history.

Wow . . . I'm glad they didn't cast Hamil as Marshall. Wilson does a great maniac. It seems that he's really good at playing jerks. Look at Biff Tannen (sp?)

Mark Hamill is 52

Also towards the end of Filming on A New Hope he was involved in a Car Crash, that's whey they had the Wompa attack luke in Empire

Oh yeah that's right. I remember reading about that in his biography. And he looked alot older then. So that would explain why he looked much older in ESB, until then he got what? Plastic Surgery or something? Man my memory is bad right now.

Chris Blair said:
Oh yeah that's right. I remember reading about that in his biography. And he looked alot older then. So that would explain why he looked much older in ESB, until then he got what? Plastic Surgery or something? Man my memory is bad right now.

He had had the plastic surgery by the time he was filming ESB. He's since been in and out to get nip and tucks a few times. His face seems to be quite different between WCIII and IV.

The basic story is that Hamill signed on for the TV show Eight Is Enough immedeately after Star Wars. The movie came out and the world went crazy over it... and now here he was committed to a crappy TV show when he should be making feature films. Distraught, he went out for a drive on a rainy night and made too sharp a turn on a bad patch of highway and went straight through the barrier and into a 15 foot ditch at over 40 mph. He was wearing his seat belt, so he wasn't ejected from the car but was in the hospital for a month and a half or so.

The moral of the story?

If you're in a movie that you haven't seen the box office results of yet, don't go driving over cliffs.

On the other hand, Carrie Fisher doesn't seem to have much of a career either. Did she do anything lately?

At least Harrison Ford came out of SW unscathed.

Actually, the moral is not to listen to overmortal.

Fisher has done a number of things, mostly screenwriting. She was uncredited in her late draft for Sister Act and the movie Postcards From The Edge was based on her life with her mother.

She made real minor headlines recently because shes dating a guy in his early 20s. Thank you, Ashton, for starting yet another retarded trend.

AdmiralHuang said:
On the other hand, Carrie Fisher doesn't seem to have much of a career either. Did she do anything lately?

Wasn't she on Blues Brothers?

Was the Blues Brothers before or after SW 1? I think it was after...

Murray said:
Wasn't she on Blues Brothers?

Was the Blues Brothers before or after SW 1? I think it was after...

She's a successful writer for both screen and novels. One of her books was adapted to become the 1990 movie "Postcards from the Edge", and she's also had quite a few appearances in movies like "Soapdish", "Scream 3" and the new Charlies Angels movie.

I think I prefer her as a writer. :D

"I had the accident way before Star Wars came out, but what really happened has been terribly distorted. I broke my nose, that's it! But I've read accounts about how my face has been reconstructed with plastic surgery and how I was pulling myself along the highway with one arm looking for help. I even heard that I drove off a cliff! That's the best one of all." - Mark Hamill on his auto accident.

Well, his face in ESB looked like it needed heavy makeup to hide something ugly, so I don´t believe Hamill about his accident.

Carrie was in Charlie's Angels 2? I must've missed her... while sleeping through it.

Blues Brothers was released the same year as ESB.

Oh wow, Carrie is in the movie "5-25-77" with Christopher Lloyd. It's a movie about how some guy goes out of his way to see Star Wars on it's release date... or something. Fanboyish crap methinks.

Fisher also has a weekly show on one of the woman channels. I think it's Oxygen. It's called Conversations with Carrie Fisher or something like that. It's basically her talking to someone else who's famous in a what looks like a living room situation. The few times I've seen it it's actually been pretty good. Entertaining if nothing else.

Man, with the exception of Harrison Ford, it seems that all the careers of the Star Wars Universe's Main Characters are now downhill...

Carrie Fisher actually prefers her writting career more than acting, and she views her life as good, despite not being as famous as Ford.

Of course, Fisher and Hamill did cameos in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. I mean, if that's not rock bottom, then what is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back