Mark Hamill (lots of topics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralHuang

Spaceman
I was thinking about Mark Hamill lately. A few topics to think about...

1. What's he up to lately? Is he ever going to reenter the Star Wars universe in any way? Will he finally show up again? And where's Wedge (not our Wedge, the movie Wedge)?

2. What does his family think of his work? Do his kids freak out when he gets his hand chopped off by Darth Vader? Do they ask him to play through WC with them?

3. Did he keep his lightsaber?

4. Did he enjoy doing WC or was it just a job?

5. When working with Tom Wilson, was he really that crazy (as in loud and obnoxious)? Same goes with Malcolm McDowell.

1. He's been doing a lot of voice over work for cartoons and games lately. Much more work than most voice over actors. He also has done a few b-movies. I doubt he'll ever do another SW movie unless they do an episode 7 or something. Wedge has been doing some SW game work (voices).

Don't know the answers to any of the others. But here are my guesses.

2. I imagine they enjoy it. Don't know if he has kids, but if he does then I imagine watching your dads hand get cut off over and over again is a little freaky.

3. I bet he's got one laying around somewhere.

4. From the bloopers and behind-the-scenes stuff I've seen I'd say he enjoyed it. He also did the WCM for free so that probably says something.

5. Again, from bloopers and behind-the-scenes stuff, probably.

AdmiralHuang said:
I was thinking about Mark Hamill lately. A few topics to think about...

1. What's he up to lately? Is he ever going to reenter the Star Wars universe in any way? Will he finally show up again? And where's Wedge (not our Wedge, the movie Wedge)?

Hamill has been doing mostly voice work in his later years. He's quite good at it too. As for the Star Wars Universe, the last thing he was involved in was a narator for a commercial for one of the newer Star Wars novelizations.

Dennis Lawson, last I heard, was directing theater in England, which starred his nephew Ewan McGreggor.

AdmiralHuang said:
2. What does his family think of his work? Do his kids freak out when he gets his hand chopped off by Darth Vader? Do they ask him to play through WC with them?

I can't really speak for his family. My friend Garrett dated a family friend of the Hamills for a few months and said Mark is some kind of chain-smoking nutcase but suppose to be one of the most approachable and well-humored people you could meet.

I do know that when Mark had an arguement with his son to clean his room, the kid went and played the losing end game of WC4 just to get his dad's ass blown away by guards.

AdmiralHuang said:
3. Did he keep his lightsaber?

Last I heard, the "offical" lightsaber is kept in the Lucasfilm Ranch's museum.

AdmiralHuang said:
4. Did he enjoy doing WC or was it just a job?

Mark strikes me as the type to have fun no matter the job.

AdmiralHuang said:
5. When working with Tom Wilson, was he really that crazy (as in loud and obnoxious)? Same goes with Malcolm McDowell.

Tom Wilson did years of stand-up so he's a jokester by nature. McDowell, it seems, is far far worse. In Hamill's own words, "he'd stick his hand down your pants just to get a laugh out of you"

...interperate that as you like. :(

LeHah said:
Dennis Lawson, last I heard, was directing theater in England, which starred his nephew Ewan McGreggor.

He recently (currently?) starred in the BBC hospital drama Casualty. Think ER but really really bad...

Benjamin said:
He recently (currently?) starred in the BBC hospital drama Casualty. Think ER but really really bad...

So, like Chicago Hope?

*Burn*! Take that, 1994!

LeHah said:
I do know that when Mark had an arguement with his son to clean his room, the kid went and played the losing end game of WC4 just to get his dad's ass blown away by guards.

HA! That's absolutely great! :p

I really need to find that Z100 Radio Interview with Hamill he did while touring Virgin Megastores for WC4 promotions.

1. Wait, Dennis Lawson's (Wedge) nephew is Ewan as in Obi-Wan? Whoa...

2. Oh man, his kids must have real fun with his games (losing ending or not). It would drive me crazy if every year I had to see on television my father getting his hand chopped off.

3. I'm sure he stashed a lightsaber SOMEWHERE. I'd have traded anything to get one of those.

4. Didn't Hamill quit smoking in 1995?

5. I read in an interview online that McDowell is only slightly less crazy than he is in his movies. What does that mean?

Well, I heard he was drinking now.
That would be sweet if you ever got mad at your dad that you can play the game they stared in and get yourself killed. Ha!

Benjamin said:

He is actualy in Holby City, the Spin-Off series of Casualty, and Casualty is great

He was also in on the ITV Hornblower TV Movies

Mark Hamil's most famous Voice work was The Joker in Batman: The Animated Series, he later reprised the role in the Return of the Joker Batman Beyond Movie, and the Pilot Episode of Birds of Prey

Chris Blair said:
Well, I heard he was drinking now.

Ya don't say?

willtasker7.jpg

Yeah, he's definitely seen better days.

Attachments

• willtasker8.jpg
    willtasker8.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 81
Once I catched on TV a very crappy erotic movie with Mark Hamill starring. I had pity for the guy.

I mean, a star of 3 Star Wars movies shouldn't end up like that. And I bet he accepted to play in WC movies because he needed the money. I guess being too famous when you are little, doesn't help too much for your future (see Drew Barrymore).

Then there was that movie with him playing some history teacher and a ghost trying to help him find his true love. I was like... "Wha...?"

Murray said:
I mean, a star of 3 Star Wars movies shouldn't end up like that. And I bet he accepted to play in WC movies because he needed the money. I guess being too famous when you are little, doesn't help too much for your future (see Drew Barrymore).

Mark was 25 when Star Wars came out, and, being his first major role, he was hardly "little."

What point are you making with Drew Barrymore? She is supposed to be one of the more successful people in Hollywood.

Also, I believe he did the voice of Merlin for free as a friendly favor to Chris Roberts.

Out of the three tittle stars of Star Wars, Mark is arguably the worse off, but he has had a better career than most actors.

And what happened to that comic book he was doing? I heard a rumor about something like that, but never actually laid eye on it . . . Then again, that might have something to do with me not reading comic books in the past . . oh . . . nine years or so, huh?

ChanceKell said:
Mark was 25 when Star Wars came out, and, being his first major role, he was hardly "little."

I always thought he is more like 18. Well, he looked like 18 in the SW Episode 4.

ChanceKell said:
What point are you making with Drew Barrymore? She is supposed to be one of the more successful people in Hollywood.

My point was, being famaus while you are young, could not handle it and having alcohol and drug problems. Drew was cleaned from those shits in the recent years.

ChanceKell said:
Also, I believe he did the voice of Merlin for free as a friendly favor to Chris Roberts.

I hope he got paid for the WC games. Are you saying he has done those as a favor too? :rolleyes:

Plus, I think most of us know why he is selected for the role. The guy was the Star Wars universe legend. How many people wanna see him acting in a space war and got the game mostly because of that? Considerable amount I would guess. Frankly speaking, I was excited when I saw Mark Hamill on the cover of WC3.

Before any flaming starts, I am not comparing SW with WC or saying one is better than the other. But the producers sure took that into consideration before choosing the actor for Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back