How did Hawk know about Casey's father?

so wilford and panther were in the tarawa after the raids? some time between the visit to kilrah and the BoT, or even after it?

Between the raid on kilrah and FA Tarawa spends all that time in dry dock. They could be talking about after BoT when Bear is transfered to the Conventry and the Tarawa is given to another commander. IIRC it gets badly damaged not soon afterwards....Wilford and Panther could have served on her in this time frame....

Since they specified before the Tarawa went to the Landreich (during the Battle of Terra), they must mean either during Operation Backlash (End RUn) or Operation Red Three (the opening of Fleet Action).

Some people get promoted faster than others. Some people leave active duty, then come back later. Some people get promoted, busted, and promoted again. :cool:

And on extremely rare occasions, sometimes individuals who are junior in rank or time in grade are assigned to billets that have them legally in charge of people who are senior to them. I was once a Lance Corporal charged with training a Sergeant on how to fix the VC-118 that the Commandant of the Marine Corps flew on.

And some people DIE, ehehehe.
well, LOAF, so Wilford was in the tarawa either during the raid on kilrah or the Vukar Tag Battle? damn.

Well, we know from Prophecy that Wilford's Confed rank was *Captain* (circa 2681!) -- he could have been a commander or somesuch on the Tarawa. (That means that Bear, a commodore at the end of the war, outranked him.)

Are you sure they might not be talking about the second time the Tarawa went to the Landreich?

It would make more sense if they were on the Tarawa during Red Three, since by then it had to have replaced all the crew that was lost during the kilrah raid.

Wasn't Bear's "promotion" to Commodore listed as a "courtesy promotion" at the end of the war before they beached him and put him on half-pay? Though since he apparently was a DesRon commander I guess Commodore as a position rather than rank might make sense, too.

Wasn't Tarawa "crippled" in Confed service sometime after the BoT? Could Wilford have been CO and Panther say WC during that period?

It was a courtesy promotion (I think for the pension benefits or something). He wasn't beached after the war. He lost an arm on the Conventry during the Behemoth raid. Sparks saved him after the bridge was hit. After the war they retired to his home at Odessa, until called upon by Richards and Tolwyn for the events of False Colors.

Your second question is one I asked several posts ago. It's not quite clear (I don't have my novel handy any more its in storage) which time Panther is talking about (the Tarawa went to the Landreich twice, 2667-8, and for good in 2669 or 2670?)

Are you sure they might not be talking about the second time the Tarawa went to the Landreich?

While 'False Colors' takes place before TPoF, it did not *exist* before TPoF -- so while it's possible to say in retrospect that it could refer to the fact that the Tarawa was sold to the Landreich after the war, it's probably not the authors intent.

I fixed Marine Corps planes. It's pratically the same thing. What would you like to know?

There may be a way.... And the U.S. isn't the only country with a navy.

Find a country you can work in, their navy will have a rework facility for their aircraft. Try getting a job at the rework facility. Or join the Navy with an aviation preference. :)

Edfilho,
While I love Brasil dearly (there is no other place quite like it), I know she doen't have much of a Navy to speak of (I used to live in Barbacena, where they have an Airforce trainging facility, so I got an idea for what kind of jobs were available there... not too plentiful). So, jobs fixing Navy planes are a little rare in the old patria amada. However, in the U.S. armed forces there are a lot of foreign-born people fulfilling various roles. You would have to come to the U.S.A. and sign an allegiance to them over any other nation. I'm not trying to encourage you to leave Brasil. In fact, I'd encourage you to think twice before leaving it (there are jobs there that you could work on planes, you'd just need the right training). But, not being American born doesn't rule you out for working in the American armed services. Just wanted to let you know that this is an option that is still open.
Sphynx
By the way...
Vive Brasil!
Minha terra tem palmeiras...

LOAF, one minor detail about with Blair being stationed on Caernarvon by that time is that was killed during mission deep into Kilrathi territory. WC2 makes the point that there weren't a lot of Kilrathi around, and anyway Caernarvon was not really close to Kilrathi space.

Sphynx said:
Edfilho,
While I love Brasil dearly (there is no other place quite like it), I know she doen't have much of a Navy to speak of (I used to live in Barbacena, where they have an Airforce trainging facility, so I got an idea for what kind of jobs were available there... not too plentiful). So, jobs fixing Navy planes are a little rare in the old patria amada. However, in the U.S. armed forces there are a lot of foreign-born people fulfilling various roles. You would have to come to the U.S.A. and sign an allegiance to them over any other nation. I'm not trying to encourage you to leave Brasil. In fact, I'd encourage you to think twice before leaving it (there are jobs there that you could work on planes, you'd just need the right training). But, not being American born doesn't rule you out for working in the American armed services. Just wanted to let you know that this is an option that is still open.
Sphynx
By the way...
Vive Brasil!
Minha terra tem palmeiras...

Hey, no worries... I was really just tossing some wishfull thinking. I'm too close to being 30 years old to do all that anyway, and i'm sure that the US immigration wouldn't let me in any way. They are acting really EVIL lately, my younger sister was denied a tourist visa she needed to visit my older sister and her soon-to-be-born child (my nephew). Duh, 99% of the brasillian illegal aliens didn't have any visa in the first place.

I'll just keep my office job with annoying clients and 3vil bickering cow-orkers.

And I have no interest in practical math and all the engineering stuuf I'd need to learn.

Back to the subject:

I still think it'd be strange to have both willford and panther in the Raid to Kilrah... They would be probably dead, especially Wilford, considering he would probably be on the bridge. And you all know what happens to bridges in ER.

Back