Fralthi

Antman

Spaceman
Ok, make this make sense to me, The Fralthi, Fralthra,and then Fralthi II all look alike, but the Fralthi and Fralthra have different names. They have the same classifications but they have different names.

Dont let this become an X vs Y thread, since we already know X would beat Y's ass in.

Good question, must been that the Fralthi class was still in use in WC II time and the Fralthra class is quite diferent from the Fralthi class so two names to two diferent Cruisers class, Fralthi II must mean that the Kilrati have get rid of the old Fralthi (there is a limit to upgrades that any ship can take) and start a whole new class diferent that Fralthra Class, The Fralthra could also still being used by WC III time.

In what way do any of those ships look similar? The Fralthra looks like a Kamekh, and the two Fralthi aren't similar at all.

Maybe the Kilrathi who invented the Fralthi also invented the Fralthi II, but cause he couldn't come up with a decent name, he just added II to it!!

:D

Or maybe they did what the confederation did, they named 2 different classes after the same ship/whatever just like the Concordia Fleet Carriers and the Concordia Supercruisers.

Hey guys, I know it's hard and I'm asking a LOT from you with this, but let's get out of the WC universe for a minute, into the programmers HEADS, shall we?

There! Now could it be possible to imagine, for just one second, that the programmers had really no idea on what names to give to the new cruisers (considering WC II was released very shortly after WC 1, I have heard), and just slightly changed the spellings from WC I, from "_thi" to "_tha"...

It makes sense, right?

Or perhaps they wanted the players of WC I to stay accustomed to the ship classes from WC I.

Follow my reasoning: in WC I we hear "Salthi", we think of light fighter. "Hey, why don't we keep that, the programmers must have thought, and make it "Sartha", so it still means light fighter in WC II?"

Guess what?
Jalthi-heavy fighter, Jalkehi-(surprise)heavy fighter. Dralthi-medium, Drakhri-medium.
Ralari-destroyer, Ralatha-destroyer
Fralthi-carrier, Fraltha-carrier...

Do you see?

Now probably AFTER WC II, the programmers decided that this thread was not a too original one to follow, so they decided to change the names more (Sartha->Darket, Drakhri->hey back to Dralthi (IV), etc...)

The Fralthi and Fralthra really look nothing alike (G) The Fralthi II has *some* similarities to the original Fralthi...

not really loaf, I think you are streching it in the appearance. Maybe the designers thought, well this name sounds Kilrathi like so lets use it. Or maybe those are the names the Kilrathi actually will use, you just gotta wait around 500 years

Perhaps they were trying to put some clue in about the kilrathi language... those names might be the ones used by pilots to refer to their ships instead of the "official" designation. For instance, if their only contact with ranger class carriers had been the pilots of the Victory calling her "tin can sally" that may likely have been how they classed the ship. Same goes for the ships. Perhaps "Fralthi" was "cruiser type three" and Fralthra "cruiser type four", used as semi-official nicknames but highly similar because of the nature of the terms.

Hey I never thought of this theory before!

I like it, it could all make sense, IF THE WC UNIVERSE REALLY EXISTED!!!!!!!

Whoooops, somebody bring salts for TC, I think he fainted ;)

Hey Panty It does or more accuratly Will exist in 530-580 years. and btw the that is what we heard them call it makes perfect sence, I doubt that what confed calls them is the actuall name

All the bug ship names in WCP and WCSO are code names given to them by the Confederation.

TC

I know that.
The question is.
The Kilrathi ship names are given by the Kilrathi or they are simply ConFed code names?
I belive that they are used by the Kilrathi.

Originally posted by Dragon
I know that.
The question is.
The Kilrathi ship names are given by the Kilrathi or they are simply ConFed code names?
I belive that they are used by the Kilrathi.

We should ask a Kilrathi... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, I still say that the Drakhri is really a Dralth MK1.5...
And the Wing Commander timeline cant be real, since according to the timeline in 2000 some chinese guy took over Eurasia. Sorry TC.... AHH DONT SHOOT ME TC!!!

Back