Favorite WC Moment

My favorite moment had... just HAD to be in SO2, where the Kats were throwing everything they had at ol' Doomsday amd Myself. I was in a $^&! dralthi, and see these 4 Hriss and several Gratha fly at me at high speed. I'd be dead, for I had about 5 seconds worth of Burners left, and so I fly straight through the formation of Hriss, firing the Mass drivers. I switch to rear view and see all 4 of them explode as they crashed into one BIG pileup. I fell down laughing and almost died from the Gratha before I took them out. The very last gratha's shot killed Doomsday right before I hit him with an HS missile. Damnit, that was funny as hell riding back, with Zero armor on all sides and extrme damage to all systems. I didn't even have a single gun left or shields. I finally landed.

That was the funniest moment (after 20 tries at that mission) i've seen in WC.

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
My favorite moment had... just HAD to be in SO2, where the Kats were throwing everything they had at ol' Doomsday amd Myself. I was in a $^&! dralthi, and see these 4 Hriss and several Gratha fly at me at high speed. I'd be dead, for I had about 5 seconds worth of Burners left, and so I fly straight through the formation of Hriss, firing the Mass drivers. I switch to rear view and see all 4 of them explode as they crashed into one BIG pileup. I fell down laughing and almost died from the Gratha before I took them out. The very last gratha's shot killed Doomsday right before I hit him with an HS missile. Damnit, that was funny as hell riding back, with Zero armor on all sides and extrme damage to all systems. I didn't even have a single gun left or shields. I finally landed.

That was the funniest moment (after 20 tries at that mission) i've seen in WC.

Wow. Not even The Maniac could pull a move like that. Lady Luck is your mistress...?

Seriously that is great! I think two more of my favorites (now that I'm thinking of it) was when my joystick started acting up in one of the missions in WC3 when I was severely damaged and had no lasers/missiles (weapons shot) and got lucky enough to ram a corvette I was nailing, finishing it off. (Suprised the hell outta me!)

Or killing Seether while he was telling me how good he was. :D

I've got two moments that I like. One is form WC4 were You take on Seether. I always hated him. His entire attitude towards anyone "inferior" to him just pissed me off.:mad: Beating him and hearing his scream as he dies was so sweet, cause if anyone needed killing it was him.

The other moment (I still chuckle as I look back now) was the last mission of SO2. You and Maniac leave from the Bonnie Heather and shortly after leaving Maniac's Morningstar breaks down leaving him stranded. After the mission (i think you have to beat Jazz in order to see the clip, its been so long I can't remember) you get to see a clip of Maniac still stranded and calling for help.:D

Originally posted by Shane
I find the cheats take the fun out of the game, especially the sense of accomplishment, but I know how frustrating it can be.

You mean the accomplishment that comes from playing a mission four hundred times until you toss the game aside and only return to it ten years later? :) If I wanted to do that I'd play Riven or something...

As for favorate moment, I still like the St. Helens playing cavalry with the Intrepid. I know, there've been billions of other moments like that (David Weber's books in particular seem to rely heavily on it) but back when I first played it that was one of the first I'd seen, and I thought it was handled especially well in the novel. But hey, I liked Mission to Mars :p

Especially as the point where you realise that the MSH is there to help you follows right after the brown-pants moment when you think you're going to be sandwhiched between two enemy super carriers.

My pick of the single best moment though, is the one where the Senate's votes come in. That shot of Blair standing there in stunned disbelief while the Senate erupts around him is fantastic.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Bob McDob

You mean the accomplishment that comes from playing a mission four hundred times until you toss the game aside and only return to it ten years later? :) If I wanted to do that I'd play Riven or something...

Yes, frankly. It took me years to pass the Armada gauntlet... but I am far prouder of that than I am of the dozens of first person shooters I've god-moded my way through.

The one that made the biggest impression on me was probably the scene where Tolwyn addresses the Black Lance in WC4. I remember the first time I saw that. I of course already suspected Tolwyn was behind it but still...
And like Raptor said, the look of disbelief on Blair's face was historical.
I also remembered somebody called me during the first time I saw that scene. WTF can't you pause a WC FMV sequence?!?

Seeing Spirit ram that spacestation was just heartbreaking. She was a favorite wingmate all through the series (after all, she WAS your first), and her death felt like a huge loss for me...Maybe not the 'best' moment, but definetly one of the most powerful.
Also at the end of SO2 when you see Jazz's flight helmet float by in the end sequence was very satisfying. :cool:
Similar to -<Stilleto>-'s great Hriss-manuever (great one, man!! :D ), in Privateer 1 I liked to fly my Tarsus behind an enemy fighter and let one of his buddies tail me, and damage the fighter I was behind down to the point where I could juke around and the fighter behind me would end up blowing his own wingman up; really great if you find out how to do it the first time by accident :cool:

I dont remember what I was flying but it was one of the first sets of missions in WC2 SO1 and I was coming towards a kilrathi who started firing his guns. I pulled up sharp and wham... I hit a enemy who had come up over my fighter. The impact pushed my fighter down causing me to over compensate and wham. I hit a kilrathi fighter below me. Interestingly both fighters blew up and my ship escaped relatively unscathed. THis all happended in about half a second. It was all pretty funny when it happened.

As for a favorite dramatic moment... the whole set in wc3 where first the Behemoth blows up and then Blair learns of Angels death... Man what an awful feeling when you watch her get "clawed".

As for cool... I absolutly love the montage played at tolwyn's trial in wc4. I thought it was really effective.

And the speech Angel gave afterwards about justice being dispensed by the courts rather than by particle cannons (when Blair is about to blow up Jazz's lifepod) was pretty good as well. The fact that the Mandarins betrayed Confed's values is no reason for us to do the same as well.

Best, Raptor

Back