Favorite WC Moment

:cool:
Hi there! I think my favorite moment is in WCP, when the TCS Midway fires it's new plasma weapon and the whole nephilim fleet burns down in a huge, bright fireball!
See ya!

"Fight fire with fire"

Mine was the face-to-face against Jazz in WC2... A tough fight....

Funny, I thought it was buggy or something, but when I played my KS Copy of WC2, the duel with Jazz wasn't even funny. I don't think he even fired a shot, all I knew was he flew in circles until I killed him. Seriously, does he even fire back??!!

Well, one of the hardest parts of the Jazz dogfight is that he can jerk his Sabre around unlike any other pilot in the game; you probably just got lucky and managed to kill 'im before he actually got to you. An explanation of why he never shot @ you may be the percentage-based AI in wing commander; there is a set percentage chance that when a computer-controlled ship is in a certain situation (e.g., it's being tailed, it's just been hit, is severly damaged, etc.) it will do either one thing or another. It looks like the game, just by chance, never ended up randomizing an 'aggressive' response all through your dogfight! :eek:

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
After the mission (i think you have to beat Jazz in order to see the clip, its been so long I can't remember) you get to see a clip of Maniac still stranded and calling for help.:D

Actually that is after the credits for SO2, if you beat Jazz, and that is darn funny. I always view that, perhaps erroneously, as the start of Maniac as comic relief.

Originally posted by Shane

Actually that is after the credits for SO2, if you beat Jazz, and that is darn funny. I always view that, perhaps erroneously, as the start of Maniac as comic relief.

Anytime Maniac gets a good slap from any woman he tries to "charm" is pretty funny, too.

Originally posted by Meson
Maniac has always been comic relief. It just wasn't as obvious before.

It was pretty obvious before, too. :) Maniac-as-relief begins with the look on his face when Halcyon said we could shoot him.

Maniac-out-of-fuel probably signifies his end as a serious character, though.

I don't know, LOAF...he had his grim moments in WC4. But for the most part I agree with you.

Maniac wasn't the only one. Everyone on the Intrepid had their grim moments. They were all in a lot of hot water, getting shot at and all fighting for the UBW.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Maniac-as-relief begins with the look on his face when Halcyon said we could shoot him.
Did he really say that? :eek:

Damn, somehow I missed that :(... when exactly did he say that?

Originally posted by Jochen
Did he really say that? :eek:

Damn, somehow I missed that :(... when exactly did he say that?

Halcyon: ...and if Maniac gives you any static... ...you have my permission to shoot him to pieces.
Blair: Should I use missiles, sir, or ship's guns?
Halcyon: Guns, Maverick. Save your missiles for important targets.
Maniac: What?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

Halcyon: ...and if Maniac gives you any static... ...you have my permission to shoot him to pieces.
Blair: Should I use missiles, sir, or ship's guns?
Halcyon: Guns, Maverick. Save your missiles for important targets.
Maniac: What?
LOL
But what I would like to know as well:
WHEN did he say that? During a mission briefing, I assume...
but in which mission of which campaign?

I dont remember when it was said, but i do remmeber it being said. That was funny. I actually shot maniac on the mission too. Did anybody else?

Yeah, I did, because I was stupid and actually took it seriously! AHHAHAHHAHAH ..... oh, such youth, such innocence... (sniffle, sniffle)

Maniac never deserved to die....

I always got chills whenever I'd lose him in WC3!

Originally said by Maniac... when he dies
That's impossible! I can't diiiiiiieeee...!!

It was sort of frightening to hear someone with overflowing confidence sound so terrified. Especially someone as happy-go-lucky as Maniac!

Long live the Maniac :cool:

Actually, I thought his was the best death comm of them all. It was one of those that made you stop fighting and just watch your comm screen. It was almost surreal the first time I heard it.

the only problem is... the maniac will NEVER die. Even if he does die (ooh god!!) He'll simply be reincarnated in the next WC. Simple as that :). He's like paladin... will never die. It's worse than the energizer bunny :D

I have a few faves - I really like when the Excalibur is flyin around outside the Victory and Im not sure whos watching it Flint and someone else I think...

also when u 'change sides' in WCIV - that is one of the most epic moments in ever in a game IMO - the way all ur friendly's suddenly turn red - brilliant

the battle with Hobbes in WC3 - I really actually didnt want to kill him...

Back