A few recent trends

Stupid lawsuits should be completely below our radar -- anybody can sue over anything, it's if they actually win that we have to start complaining.

True, since when have we needed video games or horror movies to encourage us to beat eachother? That sort of things have been going on for thousands of years now.

Originally posted by Dak

Have you heard about the lawsuits filed against Nintendo, Sega, Eidos and loads of others by the families of the victims of Columbine because apparently the killers liked playing Doom (ID isn't one of the companies mentioned though)
Speaking of law-related issues and RPGs... did you know that eBay was forced to withdraw from sale all items relating to characters for the game "Everquest"?

That's right! People were selling their highly boosted character on the net!
I'm selling my level 55 Diablo 1 warrior "Conan" for no more than $50.00? Anyone interested? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Stupid lawsuits should be completely below our radar -- anybody can sue over anything, it's if they actually win that we have to start complaining.
I would classify the suit by the woman who burned herself with McDonald's coffee as pretty stupid - she won millions.

... thus, she's someone we can worry about. (Actually, I'd be willing to bet that if we were to continue following such a case, we'd find that she doesn't *actually* win millions of dollars -- but the evil corporations appealing and winning just doesn't make for good news... <G>).

Everquest items can't be sold on eBay because, thankfully, Verant demands it -- UO items have always been allowed...

I'm going to McDonald's! I hope their coffee's hot :)

(or maybe I should just complain that their McNuggets aren't real chicken :))

Originally posted by Sadic
In Baldur Gate's 2, I believe that you can play the characters you played in the first one.

Yes, you can play from BG and BG Tales from the Sword Coast

Right violent kids stay violent kids. I just wanted to say with it that a modern ten year-old child is too old for Disney games. 8 year-olds also play Counter Strike today. It's just the comparision with the changing time and the older adults, whom don't blieve that. The guy whom wrote that article I was referring to didn't know exactly what he's talking about.:)

Hmm, my eight year old sister just loves those kid type games... and she's very bad at Half-Life.

Sister
It's normal. Trends concerning Girls and Boys just go very far apart. I didn't own a PC with eight. I wasn't interested in it. So it's normal. Girls play later The Sims or Strategy Games. Boys...you know. I am very often told how different I am because of playing SF games, Flight Simulations and Shooter-games. It's not typical for my gender. So it doesn't count...but give an eight year-old boy a disney game. He'll inivite you to play Quake 3 against him and beat you.:) And the Disney-game ill be fired into an edge.

MPanty: CROM! I have never prayed to you before...I have no tounge for it...Grant me one request...Grant me revenge! And if you do not help me...Then the hell with you!!! :D

Fishbone: This is generally true. My best friend Zoe was the only girl I ever found playing Final Fantasy Tactics (the defining moment of the PSX) and she also plays the Sims. I find it in bad taste that the game industry is so gear toward boys (apparently) but that is what sells. Personally, I always though that girl's games were dumbed down to some extent...Compare a barbie PC game that cost Mattel maybe $30,000 to make and then WC3...which cost several million...

I'm a die-hard Medal of Honor / Wing Commander / FFT fan and at this point, I probably will be to the day I die. I just wish that either more girls started playing guys games so there wasn't a gender-gap of sorts or they actually started making smart girl's games...And by that, I don't mean to be sexist in the slightest...

[Edited by LeHah on 06-12-2001 at 09:33]

Yes. Quite right. But I fall out of it. I never played the Sims. It's stupid. I also never watched Big Brother. The girls are anormal. They play only ****-games. Games for Boys are much better. :)

The Sims is great. Check out the crid-tecular wallart.

CIC_6_0003.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know what? Why doesn't someone just make a WC conversion of The Sims? Instead of houses, you could have it as the rooms of a carrier! :)

God knows, the things I'd make Sosa do... :D

Ui. And? We can argue about taste (even if we argue so enough). Sims aren't mine. :) It's okay if you like. But it remembers me too much of Big Brother *shiver*.

Well, Fishbone, Big Brother failed over here in America, so we're still unaffected by it...

However, Surivior and Who Wants To Be a Millionare? OUCH!

Oh be happy you didn't have to watch that trash on TV. And the worst thing even is: Most of them began to produce music-CDs. It was so ( I don't find words)...and they stormed the charts! They were often no. 1 in Germany. But no one of them could sing...it was terrible. All the kids bought the CDs and they were played everywhere...Big Brother was the worst thing which was ever produced. I didn't watch it any time!

Back